Details: Depends on experience.
220 South 27th Street
“This thriving citizens organization exemplifies the ideal of public involvement in public processes.”
– Billings Gazette
For 45 years, the Northern Plains Resource Council has helped Montana citizens organize to protect water quality, family farms and ranches, and our unique quality of life.
LOCATION: Billings, Montana
Each of our organizers works with Northern Plains as a whole, with our locally-based affiliate groups, (mostly in small, rural communities), and with our issue task forces. Overnight travel averages perhaps 2-3 times a month. As a Northern Plains Organizer, you won’t be tied to a desk, you’ll meet lots of people, and you’ll make change happen at the grassroots level. Check out our website for more information on the organization: https://www.northernplains.org/about-us/careers/ .
This is a permanent, salaried position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Plan, coordinate, and implement strategy on issue campaigns;
· Conduct research;
· Participate in grassroots fundraising efforts;
· Train members in organizational skills;
· Organize meetings and events;
· Communicate clearly, orally and in writing;
· Recruit new members;
· Generate turnout for events;
· Help members in their contacts with public officials and the press;
· Assist with duties such as member renewal, special events, and routine office tasks;
· Help produce earned media in the form of letters to the editor and press coverage.
· Commitment to Northern Plains’ issues and values
· ability to get along well with people from diverse backgrounds
· strong speaking and writing skills
· ability to travel and be away overnight
· willingness to work long hours when needed.
· experience (either as a volunteer or staffer) with a nonprofit organization working for social change or on environmental issues
· experience in a political campaign
· general familiarity with the workings of legislative bodies and agencies
· familiarity with conservation and agriculture issues
· experience with the media and fundraising. This is very much a “people” job.
- health insurance
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- pension program
- 8 paid holidays
- paid sick leave
- flex time
- opportunity for advancement
- sabbatical program after 5 years of employment.
Located within easy reach of rivers, mountains, hiking, fishing, camping.
Level of Language Proficiency
This job requires an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position is open until filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible.
Email the following to Olivia Stockman Splinter, email@example.com :
· Cover letter (tell us why you want the job);
· Short writing sample;
· Contact information for 3 professional references.