Details: Entry level position compensation; full time benefits package included.
128 North Broad Street
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) has a position opening for a full-time Development Events Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Development Events, the Development Events Assistant assists with fundraising and cultivation events in support of the mission of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. The Assistant staffs and implements the logistical and physical set up of fundraising events, including the Annual Student Exhibition Preview Party and Bacchanal Wine Auction & Gala and related events, exhibition opening receptions, Peale Circle events, and ongoing donor events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Director of Development Events, and in coordination with the Major Gifts team, assist with event logistics for all fundraising and cultivations events both on and off-site, including Peale Circle programs and activities.
- Assist the Director of Membership and Annual Giving and Museum Staff with event logistics related to exhibition opening receptions and programs, including catering and facility and technology needs.
- Partner with Development and School staff to coordinate and execute alumni engagement events.
- Support invitation mailings, committee note-writing sessions, as well as other event-related communications, including e-communications and PAFA website content.
- Department liaison with the Marketing Department for the invitation and event-related printing needs and digital materials.
- Support Director of Development Events with digital and print materials related to major fundraising events.
- Assist with volunteer management needs related to the Women's Board and Bacchanal Committee, including meeting coordination and meeting minutes.
- Work with Database Administrator to appropriately track mailings and events in Raiser's Edge. Ensure accuracy of event-related donor information, including biographical information, event registration, and assigned solicitors/relevant relationships.
- With the Development Associate, coordinate all gift entries and acknowledgment letters associated with Bacchanal and the Annual Student Exhibition Preview Party, including pledge reminders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 three years prior experience in a non-profit events position, or similar, preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organizational skills a requirement.
- Strong customer service oriented attitude and comfort interacting with internal and external constituents.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize requests from multiple people in a timely manner.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Competency in Raiser’s Edge and Auction Software (or comparable database)
- Flexible with the ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- May work events in any part of PAFA’s buildings and offsite, if assigned.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Driver’s License preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
WHEN APPLYING ONLINE:
A complete application will include:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Resume or CV
- List of professional references (3 minimum)
Applicants missing the requested information will not be considered.
When submitting your application online, please save your documents as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF (.pdf) files.
To help us process your applications as efficiently as possible, please save your files with the following filename format.
- Cover Letter: LastName-FirstName-CoverLetter
- Resume/CV: LastName-FirstName-Resume-CV
- Additional Supporting Documents: LastName-FirstName-DocumentName