Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Director, Social Justice.
CJP believes we have a key role to play in creating a more just world. As a grant maker, we seek to invest through an equity lens with all that we do, and to build a more robust justice portfolio supporting critical social change predominantly in Boston through a Jewish voice. As a key member of the Caring and Social Justice Team, the Director of Social Justice will work with the AVP, Caring and Social Justice, to grow CJP’s existing social justice work with a fundamental focus on equity that aligns with our values and the way we aspire to contribute to Boston and beyond as a large non-
The Director will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting social justice initiatives at CJP and collaborations across the organizations CJP supports. They will design and implement a strategic framework for justice work that is consistent with CJP’s Jewish values and takes into consideration pressing local and global concerns while also building towards social change for the future.
· Build an equity framework for CJP’s grant making as a critical foundation across the social justice agenda, and cross functionally at CJP.
· Build a strategy for an emerging focus on racial justice work, determine ways for CJP to support this work in Boston more broadly, and with a special emphasis on supporting work building organizations run by or in support of Jews of Color.
· Oversee CJP’s existing immigration work, assess CJP’s role moving forward in this space and work with the AVP to build a vision for the key collective impact work of the Boston Community Welcome Project. Build an understanding of the immigration landscape in Boston that informs opportunities for CJP to contribute a Jewish lens to immigration in Greater Boston.
· Develop an agenda for CJP’s homelessness work that identifies CJP’s role in supporting homelessness prevention, and its relationship to CJP’s Anti-Poverty Initiative.
· In collaboration with the AVP, build a strategy for advocacy work with key partners in the Jewish community that harnesses the potential of advocacy to advance impact goals
· Participate in broad community coalitions for social change where a Jewish perspective is valued and valuable;
· Work closely with the AVP, Caring and Social Justice, to align core areas of CJP’s work, supporting both critical needs and systemic change. Seek out opportunities to identify synergies across content areas (i.e., Israel, Arts and Culture, etc.).
· Relationship manager for justice-based organizations, Jewish and
non-Jewish; provide thought partnership with these organizations, including public speaking and consultative services on the topic within and outside of CJP.
· Cultivate trusting relationships with this network of organizations and incentivize and support collaborations across this key network.
· Supporting Development work by attending donor meetings, preparing reports and offering content expertise when needed.
· Overseeing portfolio of investments into the community.
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5-7 years’ experience working in the social justice field
· Demonstrated experience working on equity-based issues
· 5-7 years’ experience effectively communicating about social justice to a wide, public audience and inspiring people to care more about the issue at hand
· Experience translating technical knowledge into easily digestible information
· Passion for social justice work.
· Deep, up-to-date understanding of social jJustice, including a nuanced appreciation for the sensitivities that any content area can surface.
· Appreciation for the diversity of opinions on many social justice issues within the Jewish community and a willingness to work with important stakeholders who may express opinions contrary to one’s own.
· Willingness to take a community wide perspective on important issues.
· Excellent critical thinking and judgement.
· Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, problem solving nature.
· Demonstrated capacity for public speaking, strong communication skills.
· Self-starter, team player, who is excited by this work and has a sense of humor.
· Strong networking skills.
· Capacity to work in a matrixed organization
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
· Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
· Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
· Availability for evening and/or weekend events/meetings
· Requires the ability to travel outside meetings and sites
· Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=386331474
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: