To support the following mission:
To assist providing access to community services and facilitate group-based educational programming for survivors of brain injury in the Fredericksburg region
The Community Coordinator, under the direction of the Program Manager, is a part time position responsible for:
Primary Service Goal:
The facilitation and development of group community activities and offsite hosted events such as, but not limited to, volunteering, wellness, recreational, and educational activities for persons with brain injuries.
Secondary Service Goal:
Provide offsite intensive independent living skills support sessions for individual clients on a monthly basis
The coordinator ensures that all activities planned are done so to help participants achieve their individual goals in a group setting and the organizational mission.
Job Duties and Activities:
In accordance with the mission of Brain Injury Services, the Community Coordinator shall:
· Responsible for planning and co-coordinating offsite program activities in the community.
· Develop, implement, and ensure that all offsite program activities follow safety guidelines and are based on the collective needs of the participants · With participant collaboration, develop, monitor and update client records as per organizational standards
· Design, implement and evaluate behavior interventions based on positive behavioral support methodology
· Collaborate with program staff during monthly program planning sessions
· Assist with regular program evaluation and quality improvement initiatives
· Represent and participate in meetings and conferences and staff development activities
· Assist the program in initiating and maintaining community partnerships
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in special education, rehabilitation counseling, social work or a closely related field is preferred.A minimum of one year experience providing community based services to persons with disabilities, preferably those with brain injuries, is highly desirable. Preference will be given to those applicants with experience in community-based day programs and with knowledge of person-centered practices.
Health, Dental, STD/LTD, Life, AD&D, Retirement, Vacation, Sick
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Zachary Daniel, Program Manager, to email@example.com