643 Park Avenue
About the Armory
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory supports unconventional works in the performing and visual arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization. Since its first production in 2007, a 9,216-square-foot action painting by Aaron Young created by 10 choreographed motorcyclists, the Armory has organized and presented innovative and immersive programs—from site-specific art installations, to opera, theater, and dance performances. With its period rooms by Louis Comfort Tiffany, Stanford White, and Herter Brothers and its soaring 55,000 sq. ft. Wade Thompson Drill Hall, the Armory breaks the mold of traditional presentation, enabling artists to create, students to explore, and wide audiences to experience epic and unexpected work that cannot be done elsewhere in New York.
The Database Associate supports the front-end functioning of the Fundraising and ticketing CRM database (Tessitura). It serves as a Tessitura power user who provides services to the organization and upholds standards for how front-end users store data and interact with the database. This position reports to the Database and Website Development Manager and will assist in supporting the day-to-day functions of fundraising, marketing, and ticket sales.
· Pull lists for emails, mailings, queries, and analysis questions
· Provide reports on events and performances, including performance attendance lists among others
· Work to keep data hygiene at the highest level by detecting errors and correcting them and instituting new procedures to keep data cleaner
· Import data that updates accounts, tracks progress on solicitations, records event attendance, corrects errors, and many other functions
· Review potential dupes and merge donor accounts
· Bachelor’s degree and introductory experience with databases
· Experience with Tessitura a big plus
· Proficiency with Excel
· Passion for database hygiene and instilling proper standards of use
· Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively with various teams
· A proactive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name.
All submissions should be emailed to HRDevelopment@armoryonpark.org with “Database Associate” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
For more information about Park Avenue Armory, please visit www.armoryonpark.org
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minorities.