Development Director-University of Miami Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
For the past several years, University of Miami Hillel has undergone transformational growth in both fund development and institutional change. We are thrilled to create an opportunity for a highly qualified professional to become our next Development Director, and join our close-nit team at one of the most dynamic Hillels in the country.
The Development Director is responsible for implementing a broad range of fundraising activities for University of Miami Hillel, focused primarily on acquiring major gifts for the annual campaign and any special campaigns.
Development Director is responsible for the creation and implementation of the development and alumni programs and will independently perform identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. They will focus on individual prospects, will build a portfolio of fundraising prospects and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits to bring major gift solicitations to closure.
Development Director Assists With:
- Assists in developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan to inform constituents and identified markets about UM Hillel's mission, vision, and values, funding priorities, and gift opportunities.
- Develops and presents major gift proposals and acknowledges and recognizes gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate to the mission, vision, and values of Hillel.
- Effectively manages the development office, administrative staff and interns, and ensures best practices in office systems, files and record keeping; ensures effective use of strategic tools and resources such as contact reports, prospect management, research and analysis, and the database. Plans and monitors the budget, using resources for best results in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers, prospects, faculty and administration.
- Creates a structured process for the identification, recruitment, evaluation, recognition, and replacement of volunteers to strengthen fundraising effectiveness. Participates in recruiting experienced and diverse leadership on boards and/or committees in order to ensure that these groups are representative of, and responsive to, the communities served.
- Manages all aspects of donor stewardship.
- Organizes and facilitates fundraising and friend-raising events.
- Develops and oversees strong functioning committees that lead the Jewish Alumni Association and Parent's Association
- Assists executive director in the fundraising work, including but not limited to donor prospecting, major donor meeting scheduling, strategy development and donor management.
- Manages and executes all direct response fundraising, including direct mail, email, phone-a-thons, and social media mediums*.
* The Development Director will be staffed with either a Development Intern or a part-time Executive Assistant. The Director of Development will need to effectively delegate some of the more time-consuming responsibilities to the supporting staff, ensuring high quality of the delegated responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Five to seven years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $50,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
- Prior experience in a college or university setting is a plus.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Excellent oral/ written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills that are essential for success in this position.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave .
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and internationally, primarily to Israel.
About University of Miami Hillel:
The University of Miami Hillel, like the University itself, challenges students with new ideas, new ways of looking at the world and new approaches to life. Hillel helps students on a daily basis to navigate the University experience and discover for themselves what it means to be universally human and distinctively Jewish. Hillel endeavors to create a pluralistic, welcoming and inclusive environment to foster student growth while inspiring students to be dedicated to Jewish life, culture, values and peoplehood. Through tzedek (social justice) programs, Jewish learning, spirituality, trips to Israel and social and religious events, Hillel engages students on their own terms while empowering students who already participate to energize and deepen their Jewish commitment.
University of Miami Hillel is housed in the state-of-art Braman Miller Center for Jewish Student Life. A brand new 16,000 SF facility with student lounges, co-working spaces, roof-top lounge and deck, sanctuaries, kosher café – all are in line with a high standard of Miami lifestyle, and bring Judaism to the forefront of campus in a significant way and enables UM Hillel to live up to its potential.
A private research university with more than 15,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South Florida region and beyond. Led by President Dr. Julio Frenk, the University is comprised of 12 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 180 majors and programs.
Miami is home to one of the largest Jewish communities in the United States with strong Jewish community institutions. The Miami Jewish community is extremely active, with dozens of Jewish day schools, synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for organizational involvement. Miami is an incredible multi-cultural city with art and cultural opportunities galore. And we've got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year round, and never, ever any snow.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
University of Miami Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
- Cover letter (no more than one single-spaced page) expressing interest in the position.
- Comprehensive resume or CV that includes contact information for up to 3 professional references and a documented track-record of success and experience in fundraising
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in