195 Montague Street
The Brooklyn Community Bail Fund pays bail for New Yorkers who can’t afford even modest amounts, and who would be jailed or forced to plead guilty just to go home. After bail is paid, the Fund provides and facilitates access to services for clients in need by partnering with teams of public defenders, reentry specialists and social service providers.
We work with allies here in New York and across the country in the fight to end cash bail. Ours is a radical intervention in a system that treats people differently based on wealth, skin color and influence. We’re challenging the criminalization of race and poverty, the practice of putting a price on fundamental rights, and the persistent myth that bail is a necessary element of the justice system.
Since opening our doors in April 2015, we have expanded to serve more than 2,700 New Yorkers and now operate in both Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. We are a dynamic, fast-paced organization and have grown significantly in a short period of time. We are looking for talented individuals dedicated to economic and racial justice to join our growing team.
Brooklyn Community Bail fund seeks an Office Manager to work with the Managing Director to oversee the Fund’s operations, to manage a range of administrative, logistical, and support tasks. The position also works directly with the Executive Director to provide administrative support including to respond to phone and email inquiries, coordinate the Executive Director’s calendar, prepare briefings and other material for meetings, provide support for the board of directors and board committees.
- Associates degree or higher; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin a plus; preference for candidates with experience as an executive assistant role, especially with respect to fundraising and nonprofit organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Proficiency in Google Apps management (Google Calendar; Google Drive), preference for candidates with experience with Dropbox and Salesforce
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels within the organization as well as to external partners
- Ability to work with ambiguity and deliver results
- Strong sense of judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Create weekly communication to organization based on internal meetings and research
- Manage staff meetings, schedule topics, take detailed minutes, and follow up as needed
- Organize and schedule appointments, including coordination and booking of office space including special events planning
- Maintain employee contact list, emergency plan with bi-annual plan testing and PTO tracking
- Maintain office filing system and databases (paper and electronic)
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Assist with coordination of intern and volunteer programs
- Manage relationship between outsourced HR and IT firms
- Liaise with employees, the management team, Board of Directors and contractors to handle requests and inquiries
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Executive Director or Managing Director
- Manage all aspects of the Executive Director’s calendar, including setting appointments and organizing meetings
- Track Executive Director’s priority projects and initiatives, ensure completion of deadline work
- Ensure that the Executive Director has all required documents, briefing materials and background information needed for meetings
- Respond to correspondence as needed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email resume, salary requirement and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brooklyn Community Bail Fund is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran or active military service member status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Brooklyn Community Bail Fund values diverse experiences. People with criminal justice records are encouraged to apply. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
For more information about Brooklyn Community Bail Fund, visit our website at www.brooklynbailfund.org