Details: Compensation is slightly above entry level for an office position.
Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH) is a membership association founded in 1987. Our mission is to mobilize and empower our network to promote global health and wholeness from a Christian perspective. We are a diverse network with over 150 organizations and 450 individuals from across the globe that represent a collective Christian voice. Our members include very large non profits, small area-focused ministries, health arms of major church groups, researchers and policy advisors.
CCIH facilitates networking among these by: collaborating with secular organizations and government agencies; providing opportunities to share information, best practices and experiences; encouraging partnerships and collaboration; raising awareness of and advocating on key international health issues; providing information resources and a forum for discussion; and promoting Christian health work in developing countries.
This position plays a critical role in the work of CCIH by coordinating two major functions: membership relations and annual conference coordination. In both cases, this position is a key part of a team that includes team leaders responsible for overall Operations and for overall Program. This position contributes to key outcomes including: Increasing global engagement in CCIH membership, increasing paid up membership, and global engagement in and satisfaction with the CCIH Conference. Responsibilities include:
- Membership management: Membership correspondence and record keeping, responding to inquiries to CCIH on a range of topics, and maintaining a current member database and utilizing it for member management, assembling material during applicant vetting.
- Dues collection including invoicing, tracking and following up with individuals and organizations.
- Building relationships with members and affiliates and fostering member networking.
- Contributing to member communications.
- Conference registration, including maintain registration website and informational webpages, serving as point of contact for conference inquiries and registrants, tracking paid up registration, assisting non-US citizens with visa invitations and monitoring international registrant travel.
- Conference venue liaison, including point of contact for venue, ensuring venue reservations are accurate (conference space, space furnishings, lodging reservations and proper housing sheets, catering, A/V equipment and personnel, etc.).
- Event support, including set up/tear down, ensuring conference supplies, registration materials, ordering “swag” at economical prices, coordination of onsite logistics including meals, name badges and attendee packets/bags, and scheduling of CCIH staff duties at conference, and supporting communication and finalizing of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be based in the Washington, DC area.
- CCIH staff currently operate “virtually.” Apart from a small Operations office in Sterling, VA, staff work remotely and meet frequently via phone, online, and occasionally in person when needed, typically in the Washington, DC area.
- Some overnight travel will be necessary especially around the conference.
- Hours: generally, 20-25 hours per week with occasional times of flexing to full time for key events (with advance notice).
- Compensation is slightly above entry level for an office position.
- Reside in the Washington, DC Metro Area
- Associates degree or higher in communication, business, management, or related discipline, or commensurate experience (preferred: bachelor’s degree)
- 2 years work experience, preferably in similar role.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency with MS Office, Google products.
- Ability to lift and move boxes or materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel locally or regionally, for several days, with potential for international travel.
ADDITIONAL CAPABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
- Software experience: conference management, client relationship management (CRM).
- Experience with conference coordination, especially registration (150+ attendees) and liaising with conference venues and vendors.
- Understanding of basic business processes of a membership organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter, with ability to manage tasks in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Detail orientation.
- Mission and service motivation.
- Prior member relations experience.
- Some math and financial skills.
- Social media adeptness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with diverse groups of people or cultures.
See the full listing here
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education Required