Member Services Administrative Coordinator- Lower Manhattan
- Job posted by Food Bank For New York City
Title: Member Services Administrative Coordinator
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Associate Director of Member Engagement
Location: 39 Broadway- Lower Manhattan
Who We Are:
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
Food Bank For New York City For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts. To learn more about how you can help, please visit foodbanknyc.org.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To ensure consistent, professional, and courteous correspondence to Food Bank For New York City’s member agencies. Maintain updated database and file management for all members. Provide administrative support to the Director of Member Engagement and across the organization. Manage monthly data reporting for Member Services. Provide leadership and creativity in working with both Member Services staff and other FBNYC departments around all member data needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between Food Bank and its network of member agencies and potential member agencies by assisting with general questions, requests, fielding/responding to phone calls, emails, and additional communication.
- Serve as one of two primary customer service points of contact for internal and external communication for Food Bank’s Member Engagement team.
- Direct member questions/issues to the appropriate Food Bank departments
- Independently address Food Bank cross organization questions around member information
Administrative Support & Data Coordination
- Serve as primary Member Services point of contract for Operations and Finance Department to administer requests for approval of all credit limit requests and CERES modifications
- Maintain accurate files and reports
- Independently coordinate filing all member documents in appropriate physical file
- Respond to request/questions from members which includes any changes to the member record
- Coordinate Data Management across all Member Services units
- Work with Member Services staff to compile all reporting, all staff slides and board slides
- Supports data retrieval and/or member follow up for all mid-year and annual reports
- Troubleshoot and assist members with the Online ordering system and periodically take member orders to ensure the orders are successfully submitted.
- Analyze Feednyc.org data to apply monthly Statistical Holds to agency accounts
- Provide one-on-one training and technical assistance for members in using the FeedNYC database.
- Create and reset online ordering and FeedNYC passwords.
- Work with the Director to coordinate the Food Bank Member Services audit
- Includes independently pulling all requested member files.
- Coordinating to ensure all documents requested are in the file, track-missing documents and create individual documents for Member Engagement Coordinators to recover from members. Follow up with members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Works with all departments within the organization to pull specific agency lists for various needs
- Coordinate general data requests 2-3 times per week
- Creates member profiles to be shared across various departments for special events, re: MET, Can Do Awards, Development projects, etc.
- Coordinate work for 3 High School Interns: (1 Intern 3 times per week)
- Identify and monitor intern’s daily projects and act as an accessible resource
- Submit regular evaluations for interns to assess daily performance
- Create and/or support annual intern project and reflection paper
Qualifications and experience that this role requires
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong customer service background and demonstrated ability to ensure consistent, professional and courteous correspondence at all times with Food Bank For New York City member agencies
- 2-3 years of professional experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with a proven reputation for high attention to detail and follow through;
- Ability to manage work against hard deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence and personal and professional maturity;
- Ability to analyze large sets of data with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
- Strong data analysis and reporting background
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel formulas and PowerPoint presentations;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in English; Spanish Preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce databases preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English/ Bilingual in Spanish
Minimum Education Required