We are looking for a talented communicator with an outgoing, positive, and professional attitude. The successful candidate will be responsible for the dissemination and communication of the Smart Protein Project’s outcome and raise awareness of the benefits of alternative-protein ingredients and products among the food industry, agriculture, and policy makers. They will also lead and coordinate the International Food Industry & Retail team’s marketing and communication efforts, including the New Food Hub content portal promotion and PR, email & social media activities.
Department: International Food Industry & Retail (FIR)
Location: Remote (ideally in Poland, Netherlands, UK, South Africa, US (preferably the East Coast) or Germany)
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Reports to: International Head of Food Industry & Retail
Smart Protein Project
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the communications plan for the Smart Protein Project.
- Support the widest diffusion of the project’s results and lay the foundations for the commercialisation of final products.
- Gather, produce, and disseminate information about the project’s objectives, approaches, and results, primarily targeted at opinion leaders, educators, and other multipliers, including regulators, consumer/trade/science/media/health professionals, food-and-drink industry associations (including SMEs), consumer organisations, the scientific community, as well as the general public.
- Facilitate collaboration and information exchange between different organisations involved in the debate on future protein sources.
- Foster an active and dynamic information network among consortium members and stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate the annual stakeholder advisory board meetings as well as the final conference.
- Manage communication channels, including website, social media, email newsletters, press releases, and media outreach.
- Oversee and coordinate the creation of all online, print, and video materials for the Smart Protein Project.
- Act as liaison and build strong connections with relevant outlets and media.
- Summarise key findings and results, delivering clear and consistent content, including editing, copywriting, and proofreading.
- Implement and adhere to the set deliverables as well as a monitoring/reporting scheme (performance measurement).
ProVeg B2B Communication
Support and coordinate ProVeg Food Industry & Retail communications and corporate engagement campaigning activities.
- Plan, create, send and analyse the Food Industry & Retail (FIR) newsletter
- Stay up-to-date with the Food Industry news by doing regular news screening for the Plant-based Sector News Highlights newsletter (monthly)
- Social Media:
- Plan, create, send and analyse LinkedIn B2B content in the ProVeg International company page
- Supporting LinkedIn paid ad campaigns (events & content)
- Support B2B PR activities by replying to media requests and creating ProVeg content to be published in external publications
- Support new B2B website content implementation
- New Food Hub planning and coordination
- New Food Hub content distribution & performance analysis & reporting
- Support and foster cross-departments and cross-countries communication, providing international content to newsletters and website content (blog, interviews, main updates…)
- Support and align with the International communication department
- Relevant degree in communications, marketing, international relations, journalism, or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience, with a minimum of four years of working in communications or relevant field.
- A successful track record in professional communications, campaigning, and developing and realising strategic aims across a range of communications channels.
- Good organisational and project-management skills.
- Exceptional (level C2 or native) verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter with a curious nature and a drive to continuously improve.
- A positive, proactive, and enthusiastic work attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a confident demeanour.
- The successful applicant will be a pragmatic go-getter who is flexible and loves taking on challenges in a fast-paced working environment.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when they arise.
- Experience with EU projects.
- Experienced in working with digital communication tools.
- Knowledge of innovations in food, as well as an understanding of the global food sector.