Since 1942, Boyer Children's Clinic has provided Puget Sound-area children with special needs with early intervention services designed to help them reach their maximum potential and improve their quality of life. In addition to helping children, we also provide valuable support services to parents that teach them to be the best advocates possible.
Boyer is currently seeking a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist to provide evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services for children with neuromuscular disorders and/or developmental delays who are delayed in speech, language, pre-speech (feeding), pre-linguistic (cognitive), and/or hearing abilities.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assessment and speech and language treatment for agency children in client homes, at other community sites, and in the center.
- Assess, evaluate, and provide direct/indirect consultative services to assigned children.
- Provide initial behavioral hearing assessment for new children and refer for formal audio logical evaluation as appropriate.
- Establish and carry out therapy programs according to each child's needs.
- Coordinate program with parent, provide parent training, and collaborate with child's other therapy and with teachers for individual and/or group programs.
- Perform case management and other administrative requirements.
- Act as case manager for specific children.
- Document assessment, program, and progress of each child including periodic written reports, Individual Education Plan or Individual Family Service Plan, and videotape recordings as appropriate.
- Make and/or order equipment, assessment, or therapy materials.
- Provide training, care coordination, assistance with access, program planning, interagency coordination, and administrative functions to support Medicaid programs.
- Perform training-related duties.
- Arrange for and provide observations and practicum experiences for speech therapy students.
- Attend in-service programs and share information from recently attended professional meetings with staff.
- Masters of Science degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology. Background in neurogenic speech disorders and language disorders is preferred.
- 2 years of experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist working with children who have disabilities is desired.
- N.D.T. training and experience in the handling of children with cerebral palsy and the treatment of neuromuscular and developmental problems is desired.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, parents, staff, co-workers, and physicians.
- Ability to instruct parents and other persons involved in the handling and management of the impaired child.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess valid Washington State Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
To Apply: Please apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume in a single MS Word document to https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2806/speech-language-pathologist/job
Boyer Children’s Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required