218 S. Wabash
Active, progressive Labor Union in Chicago committed to Social Justice. UNITE HERE represents a diverse workforce in gaming, hospitality, food service, airports, and laundry services. We are engaged in new organizing, contract fights, political campaigns, community organizing, and leadership development. Our members have helped to transform our Union in the last 10 years. We are continuing to grow as a Union and train more workers - leaders.
We’re seeking a membership coordinator to join our staff. Candidates for this position should be organized, punctual, self motivated, and have the ability to multitask. An outgoing personality and interest in working with people in a small office environment will be critical for the successful candidate.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with the public.
- Expert competency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Access).
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Must be accurate and exhibit follow-through skills; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively & professionally with union members and other staff.
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer heavy volume phone calls, assist union members at the front desk.
- Maintain membership records through union database & other programs.
- Membership support over the phone and in person, handle union dues inquires.
- Handle a variety of office tasks, such as mailing, copying, data entry etc.
- Assist in bilingual translations for staff and union members.
Candidate must be professional, a self-starter and highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Must be able to work Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Membership Coordinator in the subject line.