Specialist, Health Center Operations Training
- Job posted by National Association of Community Health Centers
Details: commensurate with experience.
7501 Wisconsin Avenue
The Specialist, Health Center Operations, delivers training and technical assistance that elevates health center operational performance through a focus on efficient and effective health center operations, including administrative management, human resources, managed care practice, health information technology implementation, emergency preparedness and response, customer service, and patient and staff satisfaction efforts.
- Inform training content through research on current issues that impact health center operations, with emphasis on the changing landscape of national, state and local health care (including state, regional and managed care markets)
- Refine specialized curriculum by tracking and analyzing trends related to the operational performance of health centers in areas including, but not limited to, strategic planning, business continuity, HIT, compliance/risk management, care delivery models, and human resources.
- Lead national Electronic Health User (EHR) groups via webinars and in-person in order to identify and elevate themes, issue analysis and solutions across vendor groups
- Apply data analysis techniques to train on quality improvement initiatives internally and externally
- Elevate and integrate health center operations concepts into training and technical assistance activities working across the TTA Department, other NACHC departments, Primary Care Associations, Health Center Controlled Networks and other TTA partners
- Integrate practice operations education sessions into all of NACHC’s major conferences and other training venues, as appropriate and in coordination with supervisor
- Contribute to product concepts and integrate current adult learning techniques into TTA activities
- Apply expert project management techniques to ensure deliverable milestones and budget oversight assigned to TTA activities, including any federal funds and its associated requirements
- Perform other duties as circumstances arise or as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in primary care operations; community health centers, primary care associations, or health center controlled networks experience preferred
- Results-oriented as demonstrated by concrete successes and validated outcomes
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating and leading healthcare executive and mid-level manager groups
- Strong understanding of clinic operations, HIT, EHR interoperability, managed care models and implementation
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in project management, including oversight of budgets, projects and deadlines
- Works effectively with minimum direction
- Travel required (approximately 15%)
- Works effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with significant education/training in health care administration and/or financing/reimbursement and/or practice operations (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
Minimum Education Required