Details: Salary range $62,500-$72,500 based on experience, qualifications and fit.
646 Malcolm X Boulevard
The New York City Mission Society’s Development department is launching a new and comprehensive fundraising plan this year in order to lift more New York City families and youth out of poverty through the power of education—including the creation of an innovative charter school. This position is a key facet of that integrated fundraising strategy. The Development team is looking for an entrepreneurial fundraiser who is excited to see return on his/her/their efforts translate into life-changing educational opportunities for New York’s deserving communities. This is a fast-paced, interdisciplinary position with room for growth for the high-performing incumbent.
The (Development) Engagement Officer, Events and Corporate is a new revenue-generating role with time balanced approximately half in field/off-site engaging corporate partners and half in-office with Mission’s development team. The successful candidate will grow and oversee stewardship for a diverse portfolio of corporate donors. Specifically, the Events and Corporate Engagement Officer will be tasked with building-out a new integrated corporate fundraising strategy which is based approximately half on corporate events-based sponsorship, and approximately half on traditional corporate fundraising revenue streams, such as direct corporate philanthropy, employee matching gifts, cause marketing, and programming/facilities naming rights.
The Engagement Officer, Events and Corporate will work alongside the Engagement Officer, Events and Individuals as a team within the larger Development department. Both roles will work under the guidance of the Senior Director of Development.
Title: Development Officer, Events and Corporate
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Position: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $62,500 - $72,500
· Oversee event planning for and build new relationships with local businesses in Harlem, Brooklyn, The Bronx as well as national corporations
· Secure sponsorship and volunteers for 2-4 large, existing Mission youth development and community programming events; manage relationships with Programs department staff
· Provide primary support for Mission’s annual spring gala; manage key facets of the qualification, cultivation, and solicitation processes for talent, auction, sponsors, table sales, and honorees
· Provide guidance to Mission’s young professionals volunteer group in order to organize 2-4 networking events which will help build the corporate donor pipeline
· Plan approximately 2-4 corporate networking or partnership events per year (e.g. law firm happy hours, partnered holiday events)
· Manage a small portfolio of existing corporate relationships to meet annual fundraising goals
· Qualify, cultivate, steward, and solicit corporate partners for first-time and renewable five and six-figure charitable gifts through written corporate proposals, presentations on-site to stakeholders, and face-to-face with corporate decision-makers
· Regularly identify corporate cultivation and stewardship opportunities for President and Senior Director of Development; work with members of Mission’s Board of Directors as needed
· Work with Senior Director of Develop to create strategies for and promote workplace giving, matching gift programs, cause-marketing, third-party corporate events, and volunteerism matching gifts
· Passion for education equality, youth development, and the goal of ending poverty
· 2-4 years of experience securing five and/or six-figure gifts from New York City businesses/corporations and planning events for 200 guests or more
· Excellent customer services skills and the ability to interact comfortably with C-suite level or similar business executives
· Experience with securing gifts for causes in Harlem and The Bronx or from sponsors interested in the education, technology, start-up sectors helpful
· Experience planning events with young professionals helpful
· Highly organized and comfortable tracking and sharing progress on multiple projects in real-time
· Ability to collaborate and work with others with grace under pressure and meet deadlines
· A curious entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think creatively while also following brand and department guidelines
· Strong attention to detail and equally strong sense of humor, a love of storytelling
· Knowledge of moves-management
· Knowledge of corporate social responsibility, youth-serving nonprofits, and multiple cultural competencies helpful
· Bilingual skills and Spanish a plus
· B.A required
General Requirements: All staff is expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Mission Society.
. Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, voluntary 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, TransitChek, Employee Wellness Program, Municipal Credit Union membership, voluntary supplemental insurance options.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLY: Interested and qualified individuals should forward their resumes with cover letter and salary requirements to HR@nycmissionsociety.org, Subject: Development Officer, Events and Corporate.
Note: We are unable to accept phone calls. Applicants must meet qualifications stated above. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visit our website at www.nycmissionsociety.org.
New York City Mission Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.