9500 Stearns Avenue
Bishop O’Dowd High School is accepting applications for a Development Database Associate within the Development Department. This position is full-time and non-exempt.
Job Summary: The Development Database Associate supports the Development Department’s fundraising efforts by communicating effectively with donors and ensuring accurate and timely data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database. This position is responsible for managing gift processes, including entering contributions into Raiser's Edge, producing acknowledgement letters, and managing the pledge collection process. The Development Database Associate also performs data entry, produces reports and assists with department projects as assigned by the Development Services Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all charitable contributions to Bishop O’Dowd into Raiser’s Edge and produces donor acknowledgement letters.
- Generates credit card and direct debit transactions for charitable gifts.
- Produces pledge reminder letters and contacts donors when pledge payments have lapsed.
- Addresses questions and concerns from donors verbally and in writing.
- Maintains organized hard copy and electronic giving files.
- Updates constituent data daily and performs larger data entry projects monthly and yearly.
- Prepares giving reports for Development staff and financial reports for Business Office staff.
- Assists with updating gift processing procedures based on best practices for data entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Provides basic Raiser’s Edge training for staff and volunteers.
- Assists with several weekend and evening department events and supports the team’s other efforts as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience using a donor database, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, required.
- 2 years of experience working in a non-profit or education setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices and IRS regulations for charitable contributions to non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of fundamental fundraising concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Some night and weekend time is required for fundraising and stewardship events.
- Desire to support Bishop O’Dowd’s goals and mission.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking: Ability to address new and routine issues, identify opportunities for process improvements, and recommend solutions to supervisor.
- Independence and Decision Making: Ability to work independently, prioritize work, manage time, and make decisions guided by the department’s gift and data entry procedures.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external constituents.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with staff, donors, families and external customers on the phone and in person.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by identifying issues, offering ideas, and respecting team members.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: Must be able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality for sensitive and confidential information.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references with your application. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Bishop O’Dowd High School, please see our website at: http://bishopodowd.org.