Details: $55,000 range
105 Chauncy St.
FriendshipWorks is seeking a creative and multitalented marketing professional who will develop, refine, implement and coordinate all aspects of FriendshipWorks’ messaging for external and internal communications. The Communications Manager will model and help make sure that FriendshipWorks’ philosophy, mission, and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
The Communications Manager position is a great opportunity for the right candidate, containing aspects of marketing, public relations, communications, donor relations, and data management. This position will have direct influence over all FriendshipWorks marketing materials. S/he will also work closely with Executive Director and Director of Development on communication strategies with current and potential donors, volunteers and recipients of our services. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with analytics and data management, and will use those skills to drive future marketing campaigns and donor appeals.
Successful candidate will possess the creativity, expertise and confidence not only to upgrade our existing materials, but to bring new ideas and run with them. Candidate should be extremely organized, adaptable/flexible, be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once, and have the ability to implement new procedures and processes.
With the guidance of the Executive Director and Director of Development, s/he will:
- Shape marketing strategy for FriendshipWorks to maximize the impact and scope of our mission
- Develop annual plan for donor communications and events
- Grow, refine and implement FriendshipWorks’ mass media presence, including television, radio, advertising, video, the Internet, newspapers, and magazines
- Generate and oversee all of FriendshipWorks’ outward facing print and web materials, including website, Facebook, press releases, brochures, and publications
- Continue to develop and implement FriendshipWorks’ branding and design guidelines
- Manage and assist with the timely production of all mailings (print and email) including, but not limited to annual solicitation letters, stewardship biannual newsletters, annual report, monthly e-newsletters, event invitations, etc.
- Collaborate with Outreach and Program staff; manage systems for the gathering and organization of stories, quotes, photos, videos, and statistics
- Build meaningful relationships with followers, fans, and other online community members
- Ensure database mail/email lists are accurate and current for communication with constituents
- Help supervise administrative staff; aid in recruitment and training of interns and volunteers
- Employ analytics from PSA and Public Relations placements and initiatives, and website traffic to drive new marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Report on annual program activities and outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations preferred. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing and communications, 5+ years’ preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media
- Previous nonprofit experience; familiarity with fundraising best practices strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- High degree of initiative using analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM database preferred
- Flexible and adapt well to change
- Spanish proficiency a plus
- Passion for the FriendshipWorks mission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com