3803 N. Fairfax Dr.
Are you searching for a job with purpose? This is your opportunity to contribute your skills and passion to a national non-profit working to build better lives for individuals and families with mental illness.
NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Since NAMI’s beginning in 1979, we have established ourselves through dedication, commitment and an unceasing belief in our mission to strengthen communities and help those in need. The heart of NAMI is our unrivaled grassroots network of volunteers in communities across the nation. Through our united support, education, advocacy and awareness efforts, NAMI is at the forefront, a recognized force in urging new ideas and solutions to improve lives.
NAMI currently has an opening for a Coordinator, Standards of Excellence. This individual will be responsible for supporting the work of the Field Advancement team as well as field leaders regarding the NAMI State Organization Affiliate Standards of Excellence, re-affiliation and governance programs.
WHAT’S ATTRACTIVE TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to join a dynamic team committed to making a difference in the lives of people with mental health conditions. This role will offer an opportunity to learn more about the issues and initiatives that NAMI is working on with regard to our State and Affiliate organizations so that we may help support and advance the work of NAMI throughout the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the customer service face of the standards team in person, via email and answering calls; makes triage decisions for follow-up
- Manages the firstname.lastname@example.org email account
- Organizes, manages and updates progress data reports
- Supports integration and use of online platform for tracking progress data
- Manages, tracks, prioritizes and responds to administrative support requests from the standards team
- Responsible for set-up and coordination of webinars, including
- Works with the Meetings and Events team to coordinate logistics for meetings, trainings and webinars. Responsible for coordinating presentation materials and set-up of live webinars and conference calls
- Provides technical assistance, supports development of tools and resources, and drafts electronic communications for NAMI state and affiliate leaders in relation to the NAMI Standards of Excellence, ensuring alignment with other teams as needed
- Maintains online project materials, on NAMI’s extranet sites, as directed by manager
- Edits and formats written materials per NAMI standards
- Assists with proofing, formatting and adding graphics into written and visual materials
- Performs general administrative duties; such as uploading materials, updating information and managing content on NAMI website and Extranet
- Assists with new Affiliate development and welcoming new leaders to NAMI
- Assists with disbanding of inactive Affiliates and merges
- Oversees logo requests, development and uploading to the NAMI Extranet
- Assists with convention-related preparation and activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience with similar responsibilities
- Customer service experience preferred
- Strong attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe products, specifically Adobe Connect and Adobe Acrobat Pro highly valued
Must pass background check.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://nami.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V