Details: 4 hours per week (Tuesday) @ $15.00 per hour
209 Wainwright Street
Computer Instructor - Role and Duties
Help senior program participants with financial, computer, and digital literacy. Help seniors learn what is necessary to knock down barriers, increase self-sufficiency, and understand how to safely navigate the internet and email protocols. Must conduct pre and post assessments that document increased knowledge of computer concepts.
· Designs and teaches various computers for senior adults. Creates course outlines and writes instruction and review handouts for each course.
· Prepare the room and computers for use before each class; attends to the proper shut-down of computers after classes.
· Assures that the computer equipment is properly used.
· Supervises the use of computer equipment during class hours.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience -- Graduation from high school plus two (2) to three (3) years experience working with PC's in Windows environment, to include word processing, desk top, spreadsheets and Internet or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Requirements -- None.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -- Extensive knowledge and skills about PC's including Windows operating systems, word processing programs, desk top publishing, spreadsheets and other programs. -- Some knowledge about computer hardware including installation and operation of CD-ROM's modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment. -- Some knowledge and skills in using the Internet. -- Some knowledge of teaching principles. -- Some knowledge of training and supervision. -- Some knowledge about older adults.
WORK ENVIRONMENT -- This position requires light physical effort. It may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Some bending, stooping and/or lifting will be required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required