Development Associate/ Grant Writer
New Jersey Community Development Corporation
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is a multi-faceted community development and social service agency providing opportunities to transform lives (see www.njcdc.org for more information).
The Development Associate works under the supervision of and with guidance from the Vice President of Development. He or She will be responsible for grant writing and reporting, database administration, prospecting, relationship management and providing support with event fundraising.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as grant writer for corporations, foundations, and government grant applications; coordinates projects with senior management and program staff; and completes and submits online grant applications in accordance with deadlines.
- Manages timeline for written projects and works with program staff to manage report submissions.
- Coordinates the end of year appeal and other appeals, as assigned. Works with Vice President of Development to develop appeal strategy, writes content and ensures execution.
- Conducts research to identify prospective donors and cultivates relationships, as assigned. Goes through process of new donor identification, qualification, and prioritization on an annual basis.
- Maintains Donor Perfect fundraising database. Updates contact information and new donations in a timely manner. Ensures that deadlines are logged into database and produces reports of donations and/or report deadlines, as requested.
- Manages donor correspondence in a timely and efficient manner. Works with Chief Executive Officer to acknowledge personal contacts, including drafting acknowledgement emails and notes.
- Works with Vice President of Development to execute an event fundraising strategy. Works with Fiscal department to ensure that outstanding donations are collected in a timely manner.
Prospective applicants must possess a Bachelors Degree with three years of development or comparable experience, some experience in project management; proven success in goal achievement and following through on tasks; demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment; strong organizational skills; excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; exceptional writing skills; ability to multi-task and work effectively independently and as a team. Computer skills are also essential with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Competitive salary and benefits package will be provided.
NJCDC currently offers medical and dental insurance, life insurance and short term disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If Interested In Applying For This Position
Send your resume with a cover note telling us a little about yourself, your skills, and experience to: Human Resources at email@example.com. Please place “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.