The Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab is seeking a Program Lead for its Decoding Dehumanization project: a research and policy initiative designed to create evidence-based approaches to preventing group-targeted harm (such as systemic discrimination or mass atrocities) by interrupting the dehumanization process. The Program Coordinator will work directly with Innovation Lab lead scientist Dr. Emile Bruneau, Innovation Lab Director Dr. Bill Casebeer and Beyond Conflict CEO Mr. Tim Phillips. The position will be physically housed in Boston at the Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab.
About the beyond conflict innovation lab.
The Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab, a research and development unit within the Beyond Conflict organization, was created to apply behavioral and brain science to real world issues by to designing, testing and fielding new tools that reduce conflict, increase tolerance, and facilitate positive social change.
About Decoding Dehumanization
The Decoding Dehumanization project aims to (1) conduct research into the precursors of dehumanization, (2) develop and test interventions aimed at reducing dehumanization, and (3) apply the research to real-world policy through partnerships with governmental and non-governmental organizations, in the US and internationally.
This is a term based position that begins in the Fall of 2018 and will last until August 2020.
The Program Lead’s primary responsibility will be to coordinate and manage the implementation of the Decoding Dehumanization project. In this capacity, (s)he will work closely with Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab staff members, Beyond Conflict scientists, and other internal and external stakeholders to advance the mission of the Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab and the Decoding Dehumanization project.
· Manage Implementation of the Decoding Dehumanization Project
· Develop and Maintain Partnerships with leaders, organizations, funders, and other applicable internal and external stakeholders.
· Work with Beyond Conflict scientists to design and test dehumanization-reducing interventions
· Assist in conducting field research.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
· The ideal candidate will have:
· An MA/MPA/MPP in public policy or related fields;
· A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the governmental or non-profit sectors, especially on issues of violence and atrocity prevention, diplomacy, or social justice, with some familiarity with organizations working in this area;
· Experience with and knowledge of social psychology or social cognition;
· Excellent quantitative analysis skills (including experience with statistical analysis software), with preference given to those with experience conducting psychological or cognitive science research, especially in field settings;
· Excellent communication skills.
· Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Why Work With Beyond Conflict?
At Beyond Conflict you will have the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of psychological research, and the development of interventions to help shape the world in which we live. Beyond Conflict also offers competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, heath, dental, and generous vacation packages. For more information about Beyond Conflict or the Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab, visit our website http://beyondconflictint.org
A successful application will include a CV and a cover letter detailing relevant experience and qualifications for this position; salary will be commensurate with experience. Please submit the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase “Decoding Dehumanization” in the subject line. We will only be contacting candidates selected for interviews and will require letters of recommendation and/or references for any candidates being considered for this position.
Note: Beyond Conflict is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A successful application will include a CV and a cover letter detailing relevant experience and qualifications for this position; salary will be commensurate with experience. Please submit the requested information to email@example.com and include the phrase “Decoding Dehumanization” in the subject line. We will only be contacting candidates selected for interviews and will require letters of recommendation and/or references for any candidates being considered for this position. **No phone calls please**