The Trustees is seeking part time Seasonal Rangers for Crane Beach at The Crane Estate during our off-season period. Rangers play a pivotal role ensuring that thousands of visitors each year have a positive experience on the property by ensuring public safety, protecting the natural resources of the property, assisting, educating and answering questions, monitoring and enforcing rules and regulations and properly reporting and recording such. Rangers are charged with promoting the organization by knowing the history of The Trustees, the Crane property and it’s features and be familiar with membership and its benefits. Rangers are responsible for assisting with special events and may occasionally be required to staff entrance stations and parking lots and perform related duties. Rangers will assist with general cleaning and/or maintenance of the facilities, beach, trails, and parking lots.
· Patrol the property, upholding the rules and regulations of the Crane Estate
· Always engage with the public in a positive manner, educating them about safety and protection of people and natural resources
· Diligently report behavior violations as required for daily reporting
· Report safety concerns and maintenance needs to supervisors
· Clean and inspect ranger work area, work vehicles, parking lots, beach and trails
· Perform basic maintenance and safe operation of all vehicles, including 4-wheel drive ATV’s, side-by-sides, and trucks
· Assist with all duties related to our dog and horse programs
· Assist with trail and general maintenance as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Position is ideal for those either seeking or involved in a law enforcement career.
· Rangers should have a strong interest in park and visitor management, environmental education, and customer relations. Experience and/or education in these areas are preferred but not mandatory.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, which could include handling radio traffic, answering the phone, handling walk-in emergencies, and customer issues, among others.
· Experience record/log keeping and public safety documentation.
· Good natured, team player, with strong communication skills, and a good work ethic.
· Radio communication experience.
· Exceptionally strong customer service and communication skills
· Must be capable of effectively handling high-pressure situations while remaining calm.
· Rangers must be comfortable on their feet for extended periods of time walking on challenging terrain including an ability to hike our trail system and sandy beach.
· Additional experience/background in the following areas is a plus: public safety, recreation, natural resource management.
· CPR certification is required, Basic First Aid strongly preferred.
· Must have a valid license and be able to meet Trustees Driving Policy requirements.
· Evening and weekend work are required.
· Rangers are required to wear a Trustees-assigned uniform.
· Variable outdoor weather conditions
· Able to consistently lift 40lbs and be on feet up to 10 hours per day
The Trustees is seeking part time Seasonal Rangers for Crane Beach at The Crane Estate during our off-season period. Rangers play a pivotal role ensuring that thousands of visitors each year have a positive experience on…