Deputy Academic Director, Applied Analytics
- Job posted by Columbia University - School of Professional Studies
Details: Commensurate with experience
In close consultation with the Academic Director, the Deputy Academic Director, Applied Analytics (the Deputy) assists in the management of program and curricular development efforts for the Degree Program. In the absence of the Academic Director, the Deputy will serve as Columbia University's liaison to the academic, professional, and industry communities. The Deputy will support efforts to provide professional development opportunities for students enrolled in the Program, and take an active leadership role in creating the strategic plan for key Program components such as Marketing, Enrollment Management, Student Life, and Alumni Affairs.
- Works closely with Academic Affairs to build a culture of continuous assessment, using data to drive the formal program review.
- Works with the Provost's office to ensure faculty members adhere to all academic policies put forth by the Academic Excellence Committee.
- Works closely with the Academic Director and Enrollment Management to review student applications and select the highest quality students for the program.
- Works with the Academic Director to provide oversight for the academic quality and administration of the Program.
- Responsible for overall Program compliance to all regulatory, SPS, and University standards.
- Provides oversight of quality and accuracy for yearly curricular planning submission as well as identifying areas for programmatic and curricular improvement. Develops and implements an improvement/growth plan, working in conjunction with SPS's curricular design team to create and deliver courses in a variety of on-line and hybrid modalities.
- Assists with the recruitment, appointment, teaching, and evaluation of faculty and students for the Program. Responsible for working with full-time and part-time faculty to produce promotion and review dossiers.
Assists the Academic Director to recruit, develop, manage, and retain industry relationships in support of the Program and students.
- Works closely with the marketing team to create and execute strategic enrollment plans for the Program, actively participating in events to meet Program enrollment goals.
- Works with the Academic Director to represent Columbia University, and the School, in industry and professional communities.
- Works with the Academic Director and faculty to build program and practitioner eminence through publication (research, white papers), innovative industry development, new opportunities for professionals, network development, program growth and/or recognition or accreditation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required