Summary Job Description:
Under minimal supervision, the Learning & Development Manager is responsible for the design and delivery of effective, accurate, and dynamic learning/training opportunities throughout the organization. The role involves working will all levels of employees within the organization. The training programs will include, but not limited to, soft skills training, technical training, new hire employee orientation, Legal training, and Leadership and supervisory training. The position will be responsible for the Agency-wide leadership on Sanctuary training. The position will develop and implement comprehensive competency-based training curricula for each program to prepare program staff to successfully perform their duties. The position will develop training schedules that utilizes technology for registration, tracking and formulation of reports as needed.
- Create three (3) year Learning & Development Strategic plan
- Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinate training schedules; formulate training outline and determine instructional methods such as individual and group training, onsite, online or virtual.
- Facilitate training courses through online or onsite training sessions.
- Select or develop training aids such as training handouts, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference guides.
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Create and administer training surveys following training to gauge training effectiveness and utilize various techniques to monitor the fidelity and effectiveness of all trainings.
- Develop strong relationship with all clients to develop course materials and receive feedback.
- Create/maintain database to track training usage and participation
- Provide metrics to measure success rate of Learning Opportunities
- Agency Lead and expert trainer on Sanctuary Model.
- Rollout Leadership Management Systems, knowledge base, and other learning tools
- Manage formalized training procedures and programs for a continuous in-service training program with a focus on TCI and SCIP and LBGTQ training.
- Manage the transformation of current training into an E-learning environment improving the learning curve and decrease employee attrition rates
- Assemble and analyze a collection of training course metrics designed to support continuous improvements across contract compliance, cost efficiency, training effectiveness
- Ability to deliver training in creative ways that engages participants in the learning process and is consistent with the seven commitments of Sanctuary
- Direct and manage training staff, as well as training vendor relationships
- Travel will be required depending on client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of HR
- Experience in effectively directing and providing high-level oversight of program training administration while managing and facilitating Human Resources and Management training.
- Ability to direct and supervise staff, through effective communication, delegation of responsibility, and the motivation and development of employees
- Ability to develop and implement an organizational vision that integrates key program goals, priorities and values to improve client care and program performance while maintaining an organizational climate that encourages innovation
- Required experience as trainer in adult learning methods.
- Must have successfully designed, developed and trained programs from the ground up for human services programs, management and leadership training.
- Ability to conduct research to identify training resources that deliver desired results cost effectively
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of disenfranchised communities, LBGTQ, including and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with mental health issues.
- Ability to multitask, establish and meet target deadlines
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, communication, business administration, or a related field required
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years increasingly responsible management experience including six years of Learning & Development Training experience in a Human Resources environment
- 4+ years delivering training and authoring content to various audience
- Candidate must understand the principles of training and learning; must know how to apply them in a variety of situations.
- Must know how to evaluate training results and identify and provide necessary follow-up.
- Must relate well with all levels of staff.
- Training experience within a non-profit organization is preferred
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills in communicating orally; and write clearly and concisely when communicating all information.
- Must be very organized and be able to effectively prioritize tasks to ensure their timely completion.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to follow the appropriate industry regulations.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and training tools.
This position will require periodic travel to all LF offices, and any meetings in the region. A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are needed.