Position Location: Brooklyn, NY or Washington, DC
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking a full-time Public Affairs and Strategic Communications Associate
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action work together to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 45 partner organizations in more than 38 states, Puerto Rico, and D.C., and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
We are seeking an Associate for our Public Affairs and Strategic Communications team. The ideal candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle complex competing priorities. They will be able to support senior members of the team in executing communications strategies and plans and will have excellent writing and editing skills. This is a six-month position with the possibility of extension.
- The Public Affairs and Strategic Communications Associate will:
- Draft and update content on multiple media platforms that advances CPD and CPDA campaigns, organizing efforts, and efforts to elevate CPD/CPDA and our partners
- Work with the Communication Manager as needed to produce and distribute press releases, op-eds and letters to the editor, make pitch calls, and on other communications.
- Assist with planning and logistics for the team, support vendor and consultant relationships, conduct research and other assignments as needed.
- At least one year relevant experience, with a preference for more than one year experience working in journalism or working in media relations for political campaigns,non-profit organizations or unions.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of campaigns, such as community organizing, political, and legislative campaigns, as well as experience working with grassroots activists
- Familiarity with a wide variety of communication tactics and strategies including earned media and digital strategies.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse groups and populations.
- Ability to speak, write, and proofread Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in developing various types of content across digital platforms is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance,15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our hiring portal: https://cpd.hiringthing.com/job/91582/public-affairs-and-strategic-communications-associate