Part Time Contract
Details: This is a contract position with hourly rate set based on experience.
About How Women Lead
How Women Lead elevates diverse women leaders in the corporate, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors by cultivating a robust network that trains, invests in, and connects women executives who are catalysts in their fields. Founded in 2011, we bring together a network of over 3,500 women to strengthen their leadership tool boxes and networks to effect greater impact in their respective fields.
How Women Lead’s philanthropic arm, How Women Give, provides grants and invaluable connections to women’s and girls’ organizations on the frontlines of today’s most critical issues. In 2017, we became managing partner for the national 2020 Women on Boards effort to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards. In March 2018, we announced the acquisition of the Global Women’s Leadership Network, and will continue its flagship transformative leadership training, Women Leaders for the World.
Reporting to the CEO and Head of Operations, the Communications and Systems Coordinator will manage the development and execution of How Women Lead’s communications (e.g. email blasts, social media, blog posts, etc.), information management, and grant writing. The perfect candidate will be a proactive problem solver, technology fluent, detail oriented, adaptable, and committed to promoting women’s leadership and philanthropy.
The Communications and Systems Coordinator is a 20-30 hour/week, independent contractor who will work and be supervised remotely with occasional in-person meetings in the SF Bay Area. Hours may increase prior to program events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Project manage How Women Lead’s marketing and communications strategies, including but not limited to: (40%)
○ Create inspiring event summaries and follow-up emails
○ Write and curate social media content (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and blog posts
○ Draft content for marketing brochures for various How Women Lead initiatives
● Manage the CEO’s and Head of Operations calendars, including scheduling and preparing for meetings and conferences (20%)
● Improve and maintain internal information management systems, including but not limited to: (20%)
○ Manage How Women Lead’s Salesforce CRM
○ Keep the How Women Lead website up to date (WIX)
○ Track donations and email tax receipts
● Draft and submit grant and sponsorship requests as directed by the CEO and Head of Operations (20%)
○ Track grant and sponsorship deadlines
Skills and Abilities:
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage-up
● Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, enthusiasm for taking initiative and problem solving, and excellent judgment and decision-making skills
● Stand out interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor with senior leaders
● Proficient technology skills
● Good eye for for graphic design (although technical graphic design skills not required)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Access to a personal computer, printer, phone, and car
● Availability during regular business hours, and flexibility during evenings and weekends as needed to prepare for and host events
● Availability to work remotely, with colleagues in San Rafael, CA, and at different locations throughout the SF Bay Area
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience
● Minimum two years relevant work experience
● Grant writing experience
● Knowledge and commitment to women’s issues, women’s leadership, or philanthropy preferred
● Bachelor’s degree
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
● Familiarity with Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, and Wix preferred
● Ability to have contract employment (1099) - Rate based on experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30, 2018. Please write “Communications and Systems Coordinator - YOUR NAME” in the subject of the email. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a contract position with hourly rate set based on experience.
How Women Lead is committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruiting and hiring. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.