535 West 114th St.
Columbia University Libraries seeks a highly motivated, collegial, and skilled Administrative Assistant to join the Finance & Administration team. Reporting to the Assistant to the University Librarian, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to Libraries Administration staff including senior members who report to the University Librarian. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, training sessions, and interviews, and coordinating travel arrangements
- Assisting in preparing presentations and arranging special events
- Acting as a resource for visitors, students, and faculty seeking information about Libraries services, procedures, and policies
- Updating departmental websites and org charts
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for the office
- Making time sensitive campus deliveries
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
- High School Diploma and/or its equivalent required.
- A minimum of three years' related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in managing workload required.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment and to interact effectively with managers, staff, faculty, students, patrons and visitors.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to update websites essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities required.
Minimum Education Required