People For the American Way is a national organization with over one million members and supporters dedicated to defending constitutional and civil rights and promoting the democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, and respect for diversity.
The Director of Donor Organizing will play a key role in our development department. The Director will lead People For’s strategies to build and manage a scaled, distributed donor organizing program that enlists our donors as peer-to-peer organizers. The Director will also work with the development staff and the president’s office to coordinate other cultivation and fundraising events throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have several years of proven experience designing and executing development strategies, producing various levels of events and managing robust organizing programs in an advocacy organization, political campaign(s) or similar type environment, as well as commitment to the mission and values of People For the American Way.
This Washington, D.C. or remote based position reports to the Chief Development Officer and requires travel (as permissible) throughout the U.S.
· Manage all aspects of our events program, working with development staff, board members and donors to build capacity toward a high volume of event planning (virtual events and eventually in-person local events)
· Create annual and quarterly fundraising plans and actively manage the budget to ensure goals are hit
· Design and execute a distributed events program for donors of various levels
· Lead and produce special projects and crowdfunding campaigns
· Collaborate with development staff across all programs (membership, midlevel giving, major gifts, planned giving) to ensure we are providing a consistent donor experience and communicating in a unified voice
· Create donor materials in partnership with the development, campaigns and communications teams
· Other duties as assigned
· At least 5-10 years of experience in some combination of grassroots fundraising, major donor fundraising, event planning, and other relevant social change and/or political organizing
· Proven ability to think creatively about development opportunities, including connecting donor interests to current events and ongoing program work, identifying strategies to cultivate newly engaged political donors and stepping up the levels of engagement of existing donors
· Significant experience envisioning and managing the execution of large-scale projects
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent competing deadlines
· Interest in progressive values and a demonstrated commitment to working with diverse donor communities
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong proofreading ability and emphasis on accuracy
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
People For the American Way is a national organization with over one million members and supporters dedicated to defending constitutional and civil rights and promoting the democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of…