Transformative In-Prison Program Workgroup Lead Coordinator & Facilitator
- Job posted by Insight Garden Program
Part Time Contract
Details: This is a one-year grant-funded position with an option to renew for a second year. $100/hour.
2171 Francisco Boulevard East
Seeking a highly experienced consultant to provide meeting coordination and facilitation for the Transformative In-Prison Program Workgroup (TPW). This is a one-year grant-funded position, based in the California Bay Area, with an option to renew for a second year. In Year 2 of the project, coordinator/facilitator will be responsible for ongoing implementation of an association/network. The lead coordinator/facilitator position will be supported by our administrative coordinator and work in collaboration with all TPW stakeholders.
In 2016-17 and through a common funder, several community based, in-prison program providers, including the Insight Prison Project, Insight Garden Program, GRIP Program and Center for Council (known as the Transformative Prison Workgroup or TPW) developed a collective goal to focus on issues related to in-prison programming in California, and to eventually form a unified voice/association that will have more impact statewide than any one program alone.
Over the course of the past year, our network has grown to more than 20 organizations, and includes the participation of formerly incarcerated people. Our community-based programs include work on restorative justice, healing, trauma, meditation, acting, eco-literacy and are proven to be powerful spaces for incarcerated men and women in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
- Coordination and management of project over the 2 year process
- Facilitation of regular phone and/or in-person meetings with diverse stakeholders from TPW group
- Plan and facilitate two statewide convenings each year
- Development and implementation of stakeholder needs assessments and team work plan
- Fund research and development to supplement existing funds, do grant writing and work to finalized grant reports.
- Lead on developing and implementing all components of an association (in collaboration with TPW team)
- Once association is developed, managing ongoing implementation of association.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable about criminal justice issues and preferably in-prison programs
- Ability to coordinate and recruit diverse stakeholders to the organization (CDCR grantee pool and other related organizations and people)
- Experience convening stakeholders and facilitating stakeholder meetings across geographic and issues area virtually and in person
- Ability to develop and implement assessments mechanisms and skillfully incorporate that into network/association planning
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative on projects as well as to work well with administrative coordinator and TPW team
- Preference for people with familiarity with the design and implementation of collaboratives and associations/networks a plus, as well as development experience.
- Be able to work on Google platforms, as well as Zoom conferencing and other online platforms.
This is a one-year grant-funded position with an option to renew for a second year. The first year, the coordinator will be contracted by TPW’s fiscal sponsor, Insight Prison Project. Total project budget for the first year will not exceed $20,000 with an estimated hourly rate of $100/hour.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, applicants should complete this form here by 5pm March 5th and upload their resume and cover letter as well. Specific questions can be referred to Amanda Berger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TPW is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in every facet of employment. We will always strive to choose the best-qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications, regardless of race, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, or military and veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position please complete the application form by following the link above.