Details: Salary is to be determined depending upon experience. This is a full-time, exempt position.
654 Mission Street
Reports to: Director of Corporate Philanthropy Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: Depending upon experience
Location: San Francisco
SPUR is a membership-based, non-profit organization that brings people together to develop solutions to the urban challenges we face across the Bay Area. With offices in San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland, we are recognized as a leading civic planning organization and respected for our independent and holistic approach to urban issues.
SPUR's development department is seeking a highly organized and outgoing individual to support fundraising, communication and engagement with our community of corporate members and sponsors. Under the guidance of the director of corporate philanthropy, you will provide essential support to SPUR’s corporate philanthropy team and you will have your own portfolio of corporate accounts to nurture and grow. A crucial part of this role is to produce and manage reports that support fundraising campaigns so qualified candidates must be confident dealing with data on a daily basis and be able to identify efficiencies in managing information. You must also have the ability to think strategically about positioning SPUR appropriately for the right audiences and respond quickly to external inquiries. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience using Salesforce as we are in the process of transitioning from our existing CRM system.
Corporate Relations (30% time)
- Oversee the business membership renewal process, including renewal tracking, timelines and preparation of invoices
- Under direction of the director of corporate philanthropy, manage a portfolio of business memberships that are four figures and below
- Create electronic & print materials for business membership renewal and prospecting campaigns
- Manage all incoming inquiries from business members and delegate follow-up to appropriate team members.
- Support the business membership committee by coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, and facilitating necessary follow up
- Identify business members with the capacity and interest in engaging at an increased level
Special Events (30% time)
- Produce prospecting reports and support campaign management for three major fundraising events each year (The Silver SPUR Awards, Good Government Awards and
- SPUR Member Parties)
- Manage communication with sponsors who support SPUR’s special events
- Communicate and track benefits for event sponsors and ticket purchasers
CRM and Data Integrity (30% time):
- Input business membership and event sponsorship pledges
- Ensure accurate and regular data entry related to corporate donor outreach efforts
- Input donor assignments, notes and contact reports
- Regularly extract business membership related revenue reports for corporate philanthropy team
Corporate Philanthropy Stewardship Events (10% time)
Manage the communications and track attendance for all business-related stewardship events including Business Breakfasts, Urban Infrastructure Council and Tech Council
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience interacting and building relations with clients and/or donors
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interest in urban and public/civic affairs
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with databases (Salesforce, eTapestry, Blackbaud, Access, etc.)
- Self-directing initiative
- Keen sense of judgment to handle complex membership inquiries
- Proven effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- High attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills, extremely organized, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a team environment with enthusiasm and humor
- Ability to collaborate with diverse individuals in the middle of a hectic day
- Ability to adapt to existing systems and improve upon them
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Email management
- Experience working closely with a variety of businesses and community members
- Strategic marketing and communication experience desirable
- Project management experience bringing a project from conception/planning stages through to implementation and completion
- Proficiency with Mac computers
- Working knowledge of membership renewal/recruitment systems of fundraising
- Fundraising experience
SPUR offers a rich package of health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), 25% retirement contribution matching, and monthly transit pass.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should email a cover letter explaining their interest in SPUR and this position, plus a resume and 1-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so assigned.
SPUR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.