Details: The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience
District of Columbia
Title: Digital Engagement Strategist
Reports to: Deputy Director of Systems and Sustainability
Salary: The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $50,000, commensurate
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Deadline to Apply: Rolling until filled
The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum is the only national, multi-issue advocacy organization in the United States with the mission to build collective power of all AAPI women and girls to gain full agency over our lives, our families, and our communities. Founded in 1996, we are a growing and dynamic organization with staff in five offices and local volunteer-led chapters in fifteen cities.
NAPAWF seeks a creative and mission-driven Digital Engagement Strategist to drive the development and implementation of online organizing strategies and integrated digital campaigns across different online platforms.
The Digital Engagement Strategist will oversee NAPAWF’s positioning on social media and other digital platforms. This person will consistently articulate NAPAWF’s mission and engage the organization’s base through online action and online giving, and lift the visibility of AAPI women and girls in the US to our constituents, policy makers, and funders.
Working alongside the Director of Communications, and in close collaboration with the Field and Policy teams, the Digital Engagement Strategist will be responsible for the following:
Digital content management
- Supporting our field team and chapters to organize, caption, tag, and upload photographs to NAPAWF’s online media library
- Developing and managing a system for organizing and categorizing written and visual content to ease the sharing of diversified content through digital channels
Social media management
- Managing NAPAWF’s profiles and engaging with diverse audiences across key social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram)
- Generating, editing, and publishing, clear, compelling content that upholds our brand identity and advances our objectives, including shareable graphics
- Mining and collating relevant, interesting, and useful content from NAPAWF chapters, allies, and publications, and the broader web to share with target audiences
- Developing, implementing, and managing a social media calendar, including a syndication schedule for evergreen content
- Researching and maintaining lists of relevant influencers, funders, and high-impact hashtags
- Collaborating with other NAPAWF teams to develop social media plans ahead of key conferences, events, and opportunities
- Tracking and assessing social media metrics, insights, and best practices to help us continuously improve our reach and engagement with key audiences
Website updates, maintenance, and analytics
- Drafting and publishing posts, creating pages, editing content, fixing broken links, and reviewing site content to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate on NAPAWF’s main website
- Supporting the management of website media library, and the publicly accessible online resource library
- Developing and maintaining a system for regular tracking and reporting of website metrics
Fundraising, List building, and other support
- Supporting strategic engagement with our mailing list of practitioners and concerned citizens, including updating and maintaining the segmentation of our lists, and formatting and scheduling mailers
- Providing additional communications support as required
- Develop and oversee online fundraising campaigns
We’re seeking candidates with at least three years of online communications and fundraising experience, ideally in a role supporting a complex (number and variety of constituents) communications strategy and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications. Other requirements:
- A strong commitment to the issues of AAPI and immigrant women and girls, health, social justice, and human rights.
- Experience and cultural competence working in the AAPI community in a social justice context.
- Solutions oriented, with a lens of possibility and abundance as opposed to negativity and scarcity;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Facility with social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- SALSA Engage and other CRM platforms knowledge a big plus;
- Able to work independently, as well as on a team;
- Openness to learning and working within a small, dynamic and growing organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience. NAPAWF is a union shop that is represented by the Campaign Workers Guild. All benefits will be negotiated as a part of the contract that the guild will bargain for on your behalf.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Digital Engagement Strategist” in the subject line. Application deadline is rolling.