15 Court Square
The Operations Associate assists with organizational operations, including general office management, information technology and computer support, direct support of the Senior Business Manager, Deputy Director and Executive Director, fundraising, event planning, marketing materials, social media, and data entry. The position’s essential functions include coordination of day-to-day office operations, responsive administrative support, and serving as a proactive bridge between the CT and MA offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Office Operation Activities:
- Perform general office duties including mail distribution, photocopying and scanning, faxing, filing, and coordinating deliveries.
- Answer phones and greet visitors, directing calls and people appropriately.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies by coordinating supply orders and pricing and purchasing office equipment and furniture, when needed.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Finance and Operations, Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Real Estate.
- Coordinate meetings, including identifying and reserving space, arranging for conference calls and/or technology, and ordering meals.
- Manage event planning for Annual Meetings, retreats and other events as assigned.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, such as computer and telephone technicians, office supply companies, delivery companies, and others related to office operations.
- Provide clerical support for A/P, A/R and audits, and other projects as assigned.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate documents and other organization and project information.
- Ensure that all electronic data is properly stored, and that recovery systems are properly working.
- Actively participate in operations team meetings, real estate team meetings, and all staff meetings, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Fundraising/Social Media/Marketing Materials
- Maintain donor records and database; acknowledge donations in a timely manner.
- Under supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations and Executive Director, lead aspects of the fundraising plan, as appropriate.
- Coordinate bulk mailings, such as those for the annual appeal and special events.
- Under supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations update and disseminate content for email distribution list, website and social media pages, as appropriate.
- Design and maintain current marketing materials in partnership with Asset Manager.
- Provide first tier troubleshooting for office equipment and technology.
- Once outside IT support has been secured, serve as the liaison and coordinate between CT & MA offices.
- Escalate issues to external vendors and Director of Finance and Operations when appropriate.
General Real Estate Support Activities
- On an as needed basis under the supervision of the Asset Manager or Development Managers, support assembly of funding applications or requisitions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Better-than-average aptitude with computer hardware and software, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & Outlook), Adobe, internet, and networks. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain organized files and data.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and be interested in developing a variety of new skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a directed team effort.
- Ability to remain calm and retain a sense of humor.
- Interest in non-profit work and supporting our mission of increasing affordable housing options for families and individuals.
EDUCATIONAL / WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
College degree is preferred, as well as work experience in a non-profit organization and/or support role is preferred.
The Women’s Institute offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position is a Full-time non-exempt position with an expected schedule of Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm, unless otherwise approved. Evening and weekend hours, while rare, are expected as necessary. The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $38,000 – $45,000. Please visit our website at www.wihed.org/about/careers for additional benefits and organization information.
The Women’s Institute for Housing and Economic Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
A benefits summary can be found on our wesbite - http://www.wihed.org/about/careers/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com. Please note
“Operations Associate position” and your name in your subject line.