The Noel Pointer Foundation (NPF) has an opening for After-School Group Leader position. The Group Leader reports to the Program Director and Assistant Program Director. S/he works collaboratively with other staff and instructors to ensure all aspects of the daily routine run smoothly. The Group Leader is expected to promote and enforce a positive community culture and be an excellent role model for the program participants.
- Implement and create lesson plans.
- Strong classroom management skills including setting classroom rules and expectations.
- Maintain daily attendance log and know where your children are at ALL times
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, organized and engaging learning environment.
- Empower scholars to make positive choices and to serve as a role model
- Interact positively, effectively, respectfully and appropriately with students at all times.
- Attend ALL staff meetings, professional development workshops, and program events.
- Availability to work 15 hours per week during 2021-2022 academic year.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Education, Recreation, or related field with at least 1 year of experience working directly with children 11 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with relevant experience of working directly with children 11 years of age for at least 2 years.
- Experience in teaching extracurricular activities including but not limited to STEM, Leadership Development, Recreation, Art, etc.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of scholars within their community.
- Evidence of efficacy and willingness to be a team player.
- Able to provide 3 references.
- Staff are expected to exhibit professionalism at all times. The ideal candidate is punctual, shows initiative and the ability to work as a member of the team. S/he would need minimal supervision and the ability to adapt to changing priorities a must.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading: 'Re: Noel Pointer Foundation After-School Group Leader Position'
Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour