8403 Colesville Road
By providing administrative and operational support across the organization, the incumbent in this role will get broad exposure as to how a national nonprofit functions. The position proactively supports ATD by providing logistical, operational, and administrative assistance in two main areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Operational Support to Events Team (50%)
- Provides customer service and support to conference attendees and internal customer inquiries.
- Maintains and updates various databases and websites; monitors and tracks registration and housing; compiles pre-and post-conference reports.
- Generates and proofs correspondence, name badges, agendas, etc.
- Assures follow-through on all aspects of meeting contracts, with regards to deposits, deadlines, and concessions.
- Obtains vendor quotes and coordinates selection of vendors needed for meetings.
- Prepares invoices for review/payment.
- Attends assigned meetings to assist with registration and logistics, and attends to other on-site meeting-related items as needed.
- Supports Event staff's goals to maximize revenue from critical events through various means, including by providing staff with up to date research on pricing for comparable events, booth pricing practices, etc.
Provide Assistance to President’s Leadership Team (PLT) (50%)
- Provides support for PLT meetings and retreats, including at monthly PLT “home week” meetings, including working with staff to create and circulate agendas for meetings, gathering materials for same, taking meeting notes, driving follow-up actions.
- Facilitates information-flow and sharing among staff in support of effective and timely decision-making.
- Provides scheduling and other support for PLT members, including coordinating travel arrangements for PLT members and assisting with expense reports.
- Assists in management of the President’s calendar; obtains and assimilates information related to President for meetings, appointments, presentations
- Attends meetings and conferences with the President as requested; prepares notes and action items from each meeting; relays follow-up information to departments and other stakeholders.
- Assists Data/Coaching team with administration of coaching contacts, site visit reports and coach assignments (in Salesforce and other systems).
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Minimum two years of operational and administrative experience, preferably at a college or nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated attention to detail and capacity to track and systematize information, along with demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment, easily handling and overcoming scheduling demands/conflicts and multiple simultaneous requests; flexibility and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Skill in managing executive calendars and skill in organizing, planning and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements
- Independence, good judgment, and diplomatic skills
- Discretion and exemplary capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate professionally with a variety of constituent groups such presidents, board members, faculty, students, and government and other officials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to prepare talking points, briefings and short PowerPoint presentations; ability to write fluidly for various audiences
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative workstyle by building relationships among ATD colleagues, external partners, and others to achieve buy-in and shared understanding; recognizes how own role and responsibilities contribute to the team’s performance vis a vis others’ roles
- Ability to recognize when an isolated issue or problem is part of an interconnected set of issues or more complex problem
- Experience in regularly managing work flow against expectations and an overall work plan in order to ensure alignment and make adjustments as needed
- Required technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Google Apps and mobile devices; experience using web-based conference systems; knowledge of web-based mail merging/marketing tools along with experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
Level of Travel Required: Moderate
April 2, 2018
Achieving the Dream, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Minimum Education Required