To maintain and operate vehicle in clean and safe condition; to assist clients in and out of vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives assigned vehicle.
- Arranges for purchase of gas and oil for vehicle when needed and in accordance with agency procedures, check fluids, tires as appropriate. Ensure that vehicle is equipped with spare tire, jack and other necessary emergency equipment. Changes tire if necessary.
- Immediately reports any accident or traffic violations to supervisor.
- Obeys all traffic regulations.
- Maintains vehicle in a clean condition at all times.
- Maintains trip tickets and any other records that may be required.
- Escorts and assists and protect elderly and infirm clients in moving from apartments to vehicle and return.
- Assists in packaging of meals.
- Cleans thermal containers and bags.
- Assists in the maintenance of the food preparation area.
- Assists in the storing of food and paper supplies at the center.
- Immediately alerts coordinator to any unusual situation regarding the homebound, e.g. person doesn't answer the door; person appears to be ill; person's behavior is different than it usually is. When in doubt regarding any situation, immediately telephones the coordinator.
- Collects contributions from participants and issues receipt for the contribution. Upon returning to the site, turns in collections and receipt books and accounts to the supervisor for contributions received.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years driving experience and a valid N.Y. State driver’s license with CDL privileges with no more than one moving violation for a minimum period of 2 years.
- No driving while intoxicated convictions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb stairs and stand for long hours.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to relate to older adults.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment