4520 Cooper Road
The LAM Foundation is looking for a Communications and Event Coordinator with experience in a healthcare or research environment. Seeking a compassionate, energetic and driven individual with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to join an organization that is described by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) as "a model for voluntary health agencies." The Foundation, which began in 1995 as a grass roots effort, is now the global leader in the fight against Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). LAM is a rare and progressive lung disease that primarily affects women. In May 2015, the FDA approved Rapamune as the first treatment for LAM. There is no known cure.
The Communications and Event Coordinator’s primary role is to support the Patient Services Director with communications/outreach activities connected to The LAM Foundation’s programs and services. This position will also be responsible for event planning of the annual LAMposium Patient and Family Conference and regional educational meetings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect, write/edit and distribute relevant Foundation activities, scientific and patient stories from staff and external sources in both written and video forms.
- Coordinate the production of all collateral material for outreach purposes including but not limited to booth materials, printed pieces, brochures and videos.
- Coordinate the outreach calendar to balance multiple messages to multiple audiences via a variety of promotional channels such as eblasts, website, social media, mailings and events.
Communications & Outreach:
- Monitor, coordinate and engage with TLF audiences via social media as outlined in the annual communications plan and as directed by the Social Media & Outreach committee.
- Explore and suggest social media strategies to maximize reach and effectiveness.
- Assist with keeping website and all social media sites updated with current program information.
- Write and send out monthly e-newsletters and other program-specific communications.
- Write and distribute timely press releases as needed.
- Develop and maintain The LAM Foundation brand on all external communications.
- Serve as primary event coordinator for annual LAMposium Conference. Work with CEO, Patient Services Director, LAMposium steering committee and key personnel to manage logistics for the educational program, speaker recruitment, facility logistics, event promotion, content and printed materials development, vendor relations, budget monitoring and project management.
- Serve as primary contact to LAM Liaisons for regional event planning. Assist Liaisons with event communications, online registration service and program development.
Journey’s Printed Newsletter:
- Collaborate with CEO, Scientific Director and Patient Services Director to produce annual or bi-annual editions of Journeys, The LAM Foundation’s printed publication. Participate in editorial meeting, coordinate articles, edit stories and coordinate layout with graphic designer and printing and distribution.
Other outreach and communications support as needed:
- Powerpoint creation, messaging and deck management
- Video production in collaboration with external vendors
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Desire and ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of patients, donors and supporters to meet or exceed their expectations within the Foundations parameters
- Compassion and empathy for individuals and families living with chronic disease
- Professional confidence and decorum when working with VIPs, physicians, scientists and donors
- Passion for sustaining non-profit industries through communication and outreach activities
- Ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn, high levels of integrity and autonomy
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree
- 1-4 years work experience in communications or PR in a healthcare or research environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with email marketing services, specifically MailChimp preferred
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and social media (specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Event planning experience required
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Ability to travel 2-5 times per year and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Comprehensive health insurance plan (medical, dental and vision)
Simple IRA for Employee Savings (includes a matching program)
Nine Paid Holidays
Term Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
Membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Additional information: https://www.thelamfoundation.org/The-LAM-Foundation/About-Us/Board-Staff