1 Fordham Plaza
Responsible for day to day functioning of APS program. Utilizes knowledge of APS resources to provide oversight and guidance to staff to ensure clients are maintained safely in community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the intake process. Screens clients for eligibility, triage and make assignments.
- Supervises and trains program’s staff. Utilizes professional knowledge to supervise/train SW staff in social work practice, including intake, assessment, service plans, entitlements and community resource info, crisis intervention, and case recording
- Must effectively communicate with own supervisor on a regular basis regarding all aspects of the program: staff, statistics, client problems, office procedures, funding, facility related problems.
- Meets with and communicates regularly with program partners (i.e. OLA, OMH, CASA) to coordinate services and ensure smooth delivery of mandated services.
- Completes statistical reports and assist district director with budgets for JASA and funding sources. Reviews staff time sheets.
- Interviews potential staff for program, institutes disciplinary steps when necessary.
- Approves disbursements of client relief funds based on social worker’s recommendations and client needs, and maintains records of client relief account for program.
- Withdraws FMU monies from bank, supervises staff disbursement to clients.
- Takes appropriate steps to solve problems and achieve client satisfaction.
- Takes responsibility, seeks information and continues to learn new skills. Accepts change and uses it to grow.
- Delegates effectively and develops in others the willingness and desire to work toward common objectives.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited university with a Master of Social Work or equivalent Masters level degree in counseling, gerontology, psychology or other related field.
- New York State Certification in Social Work.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
· Minimum of five years related managerial experience.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and written/verbal communications skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
· Ability to travel to clients’ homes using mass transit and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients’ residences.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required