Full Time Contract
Details: Salary commensurate with experience
2924 4th Avenue South
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is a private, Catholic, college-prep high school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), serving students of diverse backgrounds from under-resourced families who live in the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area. The mission of the Cristo Rey Jesuit High School-Twin Cities is to provide an education in the Jesuit tradition which integrates college preparatory academic and professional work environments thereby preparing students from under-resourced families for success in college and life. All students are required to complete a standards based promotion, literacy and numeracy first, college preparatory curriculum and participate in the Corporate Work Study Program whereby each student works five days per month in a corporate work assignment. Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Twin Cities is a member of the Cristo Rey Network of 32 high schools around the United States that subscribe to similar demographic, academic, and internship program guidelines. See www.crisotreynetwork.org.
Position: Teacher of Chemistry
Reports To: Principal
Location: 2924 4th Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55408
Beginning: August 6, 2018
FTE/Classification: Part-time or Full-time contract
· Guided by the Cristo Rey Network’s standards and benchmarks, develop standards-based, data-driven annual, unit, and lesson plans that drive student-achievement gains on core assessments, including Cristo Rey Network end-of-course assessments.
· Design and administer interim assessments aligned to course standards, complete in-depth analysis of student performance on them, and design appropriate instructional responses to assessment results.
· Implement rigorous, engaging, high-impact lessons that accelerate student growth and differentiate for individual students.
· Provide targeted one-on-one and small-group tutoring to students outside of regular class time.
· Actively build an understanding of each student as an individual in the spirit of cura personalis (care for the whole person).
· Help define, and consistently uphold, school-wide practices, routines, and norms for student behavior including PBIS (positive behavior interventions and support) and High Trust philosophies.
· Maintain a classroom culture that supports student learning.
· Reflect on teaching practices through regular coaching meetings guided by the Danielson Framework for Teaching
· Participate in continued professional development.
· Participate actively in the professional community through collaboration with colleagues in a range of contexts.
· Contribute to the Cristo Rey community outside of classroom responsibilities.
· Partner with the full Cristo Rey community to further the mission as a college preparatory school.
· Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and service to others.
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Principal
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree with a major, minor, or comparable credential of content expertise in the primary teaching discipline;
· Proficiency using technology to advance teaching and learning;
- Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability.
- Commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School.
- Complete Virtus training, sign a Code of Conduct, and pass a background check.
- Teaching license in the primary teaching discipline
- Master's Degree in Education or content area.
- Prior successful inner-city high school teaching experience.
- Experience with teaching students in need of significant academic support.
- Ability to speak another language.
- Experience working with English language learners.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively
Benefit package includes: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k, and generous paid time off and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CRJHS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k, and generous paid time off and holidays.
This position will be open until filled.
Please submit the following to: email@example.com
1) Cover letter
3) List of 3 Professional References (including email & telephone contact information)
4) Copy of Teaching License or Transcripts from Undergraduate and Graduate Education
5) Response to two Essay Questions:
a. Describe your approach to teaching your content area to a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability. (Maximum Response: 500 words)
b. How do your values, both in teaching and in life, fit with the Cristo Rey Jesuit High School mission and values? (Maximum Response: 500 Words)