The Community Service Society (CSS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that has been at the forefront of public policy innovations that support low-income New Yorkers for more than 170 years. CSS’s Health Initiatives Department runs a number of statewide programs that help New Yorkers find and use their health insurance or otherwise access health care, including: the CSS Navigator Network; Community Health Advocates (CHA); the Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN); and the Facilitated Enrollment for the Aged Blind and Disabled program. These services are free for New York health care consumers and small businesses. It also coordinates the Health Care for All New York Campaign, a coalition of 170 groups dedicated to securing quality, affordable coverage for all New Yorkers.
In October 2018, CSS expects to launch New York State’s first Behavioral Health Ombudsprogram (BHO) which will help people with mental illness and/or substance use disorder navigate and secure benefits through their insurance plans. The Program Administrative Specialist will provide administration support for the BHO, including:
- Provide administrative support for the day-to-day functioning of the BHO.
- Provide limited follow-up assistance and scheduling support for BHO consumers.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all BHO activities and functions.
- Assist with program trainings, meetings, materials, contact lists and document production.
- Maintain a central paper and electronic filing system for BHO and maintain program and administrative files including archived records.
- Provide support for the Department at meetings, functions, and events, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Bi-lingual or fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communications skills required.
- Experience working in nonprofit, mission-driven, or public policy agencies strongly preferred.
- Experience with event planning preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated administrative and budgetary skills required.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
A cover letter and resume is required for consideration. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits package included.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required