Who we are: La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Under general supervision, the primary role of the Project Manager is to lead moderately complex planning and operations projects, ensuring that they are planned and executed in a manner that supports the achievement of their project deliverables on time and within budget. In this capacity, the Project Manager provides consultation and analysis to La Clinica's leadership, and may supervise others who have been temporarily assigned to assist the Project Manager on a specific project. Additionally, the Project Manager serves as a resource for the Planners and may be involved in other Planning Department activities, such as restricted fund development and grants/contracts administration as assigned by the Chief of Planning and Strategic Advancement. The Project Manager may also be requested to represent the Chief of Planning and Strategic Advancement in various internal and external settings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages time-limited and longer term projects ensuring that projects are done on time and within budget scope.
- Follows La Clinica's project management procedures and documentation requirements.
- Leads assigned organizational planning and decision making efforts so that La Clinica can fulfill its mission and advance its strategic goals.
- Facilitates processes in which La Clinica's leadership is able to define and attain organizational goals by structuring undefined issues for resolution, researching issues, summarizing analyzing information, identifying the most effective means of solving the issues, and working with relevant stakeholders to provide La Clinica's leadership with the information needed to make sound and timely decisions. Develops time tables/processes for decision-making.
- Translates needs, issues and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Facilitates and/or participates in committees and task forces as assigned. Coordinates team/project activities and schedules.
- Designs and leads internal planning processes.
- Prepares presentations and papers for La Clinica's leadership.
- Collects and analyzes internal data to determine patient needs, clinical outcomes, service satisfaction, program effectiveness and efficiency; collects and analyzes external data at the service area; local, state, and national levels to determine community needs and program expansion opportunities.
- Delivers high quality results on time.
- On a more limited basis, serves as a resource to other Planning staff or is directly responsible for other departmental and agency discreet assignments as delegated by the Chief of Planning and Strategic Advancement.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, communication, consulting, interpersonal, presentation and project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health center or comparable outpatient clinic operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to be an effective collaborator with La Clinica leaders. Ability to exercise good judgment and political astuteness.
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to organize and present (in writing and orally) information and data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work at a highly functional level under pressure and to meet external and internal deadlines. Ability to adapt to changing priorities in managing a range of projects at a highly functional level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software: word, excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of project management software like MS Projects.
- Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group facilitation, interaction and leadership, project management, and program budgeting.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Public Policy, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in organizing, managing, and leading multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Two or more years of experience working in a community health and/or human services organization.
- Two or more years of experience in proposal writing, particularly for government and foundations; program design and budgeting; and contracts management desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please go to: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1161451&d=ExternalCareerSite#/