1525 Newton Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Thrive DC works to prevent and end homelessness by providing vulnerable individuals with a comprehensive range of services to help stabilize their lives. We envision a city in which vulnerable individuals receive the necessary support and resources to lead a fulfilling and stable life, free of homelessness. Thrive DC relies heavily on volunteers, in-kind contributions, community partnerships, and financial contributions to achieve its mission and help clients end their homelessness and positively change their lives.
Job Title: Grants Writer
Reports to: Development Director
Hours: 40 hours/week; Monday-Friday
Status: Full-time, exempt
The Grants Coordinator is responsible for building relationships with and securing grants from public and private foundations and government entities.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 2-3 years of related development or nonprofit experience.
· Ability to cultivate and steward relationships with external constituents.
· Experience writing grant proposals and reports.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and clients.
· Outstanding organizational and time management ability.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Strict attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and consistently meet deadline.
· Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, creativity, flexibility, and patience.
· Familiarity or experience with online grant submission platforms.
· Experience with underserved and/or homeless populations.
· Secure funding from public and private foundations and government entities.
· Develop an annual strategy to meet or exceed foundations and government revenue goals.
· Research and identify new funding opportunities.
· Cultivate and steward relationships with foundation program officers and decision makers.
· Prepare and submit letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
· Maintain grants tracking schedule, foundation and government activity logs, and grant files.
· Take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
· Manage conflict and challenges pleasantly and professionally in a manner that produces positive results for all constituents.
· Serve as an advocate for Thrive DC’s clients in the greater community.
· Provide coverage during Thrive DC’s social service programs when needed; may include occasional physical labor including lifting, carrying, cleaning, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Some evening and weekend work may be required for special fundraising events and activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please submit a resume, salary requirements and/or salary history, and detailed cover letter describing why you are interested in the position. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please