1900 2nd Avenue
An excellent opportunity for a full time and part-time Board Certified Physician in Internal Medicine to become a member of our multi-disciplinary team.
The Center for Comprehensive Health Practice (CCHP) is a multi-disciplinary community health center and substance abuse program located in East Harlem New York. Accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and supported by OASAS, the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and the National Health Services Corp, CCHP serves the most vulnerable communities in New York City.
A truly comprehensive health center that believes that the key to long lasting health is prevention. CCHP promotes health through its many patient education services. CCHP primarily serves East Harlem and the South Bronx but patients come from all five boroughs of New York City.
Join a practice where you'll discover a balance in lifestyle and medicine, putting your clinical skills to work while enjoying weekends and several evenings with your family.
- Provide medical care in line with infectious disease and internal medical training to patients at the Center. Make relevant infectious disease reports to require agencies.
- Responsible for comprehensive recording of work-up activities, diagnostic findings, medical plans, and treatment follow up. Order, interpret and evaluate needed diagnostic tests.
- Participate in case review and family treatment in conjunction with other staff members from other disciplines to formulate comprehensive treatment and rehabilitative plans.
- Participate in development and implementation of new service, training and evaluation project which may include data gathering, reporting and analysis.
- Oversee work of physician assistant, students, medical assistants and appropriate nursing personnel during the provision of medical care.
- Provide weekend and evening coverage as assigned.
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Computer literacy required, and EHR experience preferred
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Experience working in a community health clinic or practice preferred
- Valid New York State Medical License, CLS,DEA, and BLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent benefits which include:
- Malpractice Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Continuing Education Days
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plan
- And More!
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required