320 East 94th Street
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC) has an opening for a social worker to join its highly collaborative, integrated mental health team of professionals. MSAHC is a unique, New York City-based program that delivers comprehensive, integrated medical and mental health services and prevention education to young people aged 10 to 24. MSAHC is the largest center of its kind in the United States providing confidential, quality health care and support services to underserved and at-risk youth, regardless of their ability to pay. At the MSAHC, young people can find a wide range of services specially designed for their needs, including: primary health care, sexual and reproductive health, counseling, support, mental health and family therapy, comprehensive psychological testing, dental care, optical services, legal services, nutrition, fitness, and wellness programs.
Provide social work services to at risk adolescents and their families in an integrated medical and mental health clinic at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center. Provide short and long term individual, family, and group psychotherapy, intense case management, crisis intervention, and health education as part of an interdisciplinary medical and mental health service model. Complete psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans
· Significant experience working with at risk adolescents and young people.
· Experience delivering short and long term individual, group, and family therapeutic interventions
· Experience working with populations who have complex trauma histories.
· Ability to be flexible and use non-traditional approaches in working with adolescents and young people.
· Excellent clinical, collaborative, communication, organizational, and documentation skills.
· Skillful in collaborating with external resources and coordinating appropriate referrals.
· Solid working understanding of adolescent growth and development.
· Skillful in assessing clients’ needs in relationship to health and psychosocial functioning and establishing treatment goals accordingly.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bilingual(English/Spanish) preferred.
· Experience providing substance use treatment/intervention to adolescence and provided support to staff working with adolescents using substances preferred, but not preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org