141 Herrick Road
Purpose / Role
The Evening Program Assistant will be responsible for management support during Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute’s (BPSI) evening programming. Responsibilities include providing programmatic, educational and library support, as well as monitoring/maintaining building security. An ideal candidate would have excellent customer service skills, good computer/data acumen, as well as some experience with A/V. Knowledge of library systems desirable.
This position is 10-12 hours, 2-3 nights/week, late afternoon/evenings and occasional Saturday shifts.
The Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute is a post-graduate educational training institute and membership organization. Clinicians and academics who wish to pursue advanced training as psychoanalysts or psychoanalytic psychotherapists may apply for acceptance to attend seminars.
Throughout the year, BPSI conducts a variety of programs for the professional development of its members and trainees which include: evening training seminars, academic lectures, conferences, and other professionally informative meetings. BPSI members and students include both mental health clinicians and academics. Some programs, classes and conferences are open to the public.
BPSI’s programmatic endeavors are supported by a small administrative staff and professional development is accredited by national organizations. In order to maintain its eligibility with these organizations, BPSI must meet certain standards and among other responsibilities, the position incumbent will assist with processing accreditation materials.
The Library & Education Program Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks to support many facets of the organization and its programs. The assistant will help organize and administer seminars. Typical activities include the following tasks:
· Provide front-desk customer service during peak hours
· Manage cloud-based tools to send out mass emails, collect membership information, register participants for public events, and deliver surveys requesting feedback on classes and events
· Prepare information, resources and communications for seminars and programs - library syllabi and articles, course packets, sign-in materials, emails, and social media announcements
· Assist conference speakers and attendees by welcoming guests and running A/V equipment
· Process continuing education certificates for program attendees
· Provide information and attend to issues concerning events, facilities, payments and food orders
Minimum Education Required