ISC seeks a dynamic Program Assistant who demonstrates the ability to perform responsibilities using an equity lens - understanding and working with diverse partners and stakeholders and supporting multifaceted projects. The successful candidate is motivated, energetic, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment as a member of a dynamic team of professionals. The Program Assistant provides administrative, logistical, project management, and programmatic support for the U.S. Program team, working on climate solutions through programs designed to advance equitable outcomes across the United States.
This position will work from a fully virtual/home office. Some domestic travel is required (<30%). All travel currently on hold due to Covid-19.
Project Management Support (approx. 30%)
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of project management systems and processes which inform: high quality, timely execution of deliverables; monitoring and evaluation, and documentation of program activities and outcomes; budget tracking; organization and the continued maintenance of electronic filing systems, ensuring ease of access to all program/project files
- Design, layout, and support the development and implementation of project work plans, timelines, and other program planning and support materials
- Research and organize information to inform reports and evaluations
- As needed, coordinate with other ISC business units: communications, business development, finance, etc., ensuring comprehensive collaboration in overall implementation of duties
Program Development and Implementation/Knowledge and Resource Management (approx. 20%)
- Research resources for community partners
- Research and support the development of content for reports and case studies, newsletters, emails, social media posts, websites, and other electronic or hard copy deliverables for dissemination
- Assist with the preparation of funder and project reports, evaluations, summaries, and other written documents
Administrative Support (approximately 30%)
- Provide support for scheduling, calendering, note taking, developing agendas, and developing and preparing materials for meetings and convenings, etc.
- Support timely processing of invoices and other payments
- Logistics (approximately 20%)
- Support the execution of high quality events (virtual and in-person) including budget tracking, researching and costing venues, catering, technology and other services, programs and materials development, coordinating travel, managing communications with speakers and event participants, managing registration systems, etc.
- Document, track, and manage all participant contacts and communications using Salesforce and other contact and project management systems
ISC is committed to addressing structural racism and income inequality in the US that undermines efforts to build strong communities and regions prepared to respond to climate change. The ideal candidate will hold and have demonstrated actions illustrating the same commitment and values, including experience interacting and working with diverse communities, neighborhoods, and populations most vulnerable to the impacts of climate related events, and experience working directly with and for communities and for organizations working to address and overcome systemic racism and the multitude of adverse outcomes that result.
Other Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Two to four years of related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills that reflect a customer service focus and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively design and maintain planning and project management and tools, such as work plans and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively synthesize and summarize information
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changes in the work environment, and manage competing demands
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a contributing team member and with people at all levels within the organization
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel, Google platforms, and data and information management systems
- Self motivated and curious
- Strong work ethic; strives for excellence
- Values and strives to demonstrate values of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.