40 Worth Street
The Center for Family Representation, Inc., (CFR), an innovative law and policy organization, has an opening for a talented and experienced Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist to join its Manhattan practice. CFR's mission is to ensure that every family that can remain safely together has the opportunity to do so. We provide legal and social work assistance to parents whose children are at risk of foster care placement, we train more than 500 professionals each year in the city, state, and around the country, and we advocate at the city, state and national level for policies that promote parent engagement and family preservation.
In 2015, CFR expanded its practice under the Home for Good initiative to address the collateral legal needs of our clients. Our goal is to provide clients with an efficient, one-stop solution to address a range of issues that are distinct from, but related to their child welfare case to reduce instances when children enter foster care or to reduce re-entry into care. Home for Good provides new legal and social work services to our clients in the areas of housing and public benefits, immigration and criminal defense.
CFR is seeking an experienced and talented IT Support Specialist to work collaboratively with CFR’s management team and Queens-based IT Manager on the strategic planning, management, and execution of IT infrastructure for the entire agency as well as the day to day technical needs of approximately 50 staff at CFR’s main and satellite Manhattan offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing information technology and computer systems at CFR’s Manhattan offices
- Reviewing and responding to daily support tickets generated by staff members in the Manhattan courthouse and main office
- Effectively communicating with CFR staff via phone, email, and in person to troubleshoot IT issues
- Providing responsive and courteous support to facilitate the resolution of general application issues raised by CFR staff
- Maintaining CFR’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for IT projects — and taking a hands-on role in implementing them
- Working with CFR’s Queens-based IT Manager to oversee and implement all technology projects at the agency
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by CFR’s management team
- Working with CFR’s management team to determine the technological needs of different program areas
- Purchasing efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspecting the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identifying the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems
- Participating in all hardware and software evaluations.
- Ensuring that all staff are trained on IT systems, tools, and digital security
Individuals who apply should be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills; have a comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology; have hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and installation; and strong problem solving skills. The salary is commensurate with experience and CFR offers a comprehensive benefits package. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply; CFR is an EOE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send or email a cover letter, resume, and three references (including phone and email contacts) to Human Resources at HR@cfrny.org with “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please. Please note we are not able to respond directly to each applicant to acknowledge receipt of materials.