647 Fulton Street
Title: Development Manager, Individual Giving
Program: Shared & Administration
Supervisor: Director of Development
Exempt/Non Exempt: Non-Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Purpose of Position:
The Development Manager, Individual Giving is a key member of the BRIC development team working in close collaboration with the Director of Development, VP of Advancement, and President. This position is responsible for all aspects of BRIC individual giving, including board and individual donor stewardship, donor cultivation, special events including regular cultivation events and two annual Galas, and the year-end appeal campaign. This position will also be involved with the BRIC Forever Campaign, as well as other related duties as they arise. This position is supported by a Development Associate.
- Manage BRIC’s major donor membership program, the Arts for All Champions Circle by composing invitations, renewals, and customized benefits packages; identify prospects and track proposals; fulfill benefits, process gifts, and steward relationships year-round.
- Manage the planning and execution of two annual Galas, the BRIC Fall Gala and the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Gala, by serving as point of contact for the event honoree(s), host committees, and event guests; generating ticket sales through pre-solicitation, printed invitations, and e-campaigns; coordinating vendors, staff, and volunteers; managing guests lists, seating, and check in; processing gifts, preparing timely acknowledgements, tracking expenses, and preparing weekly financial reports; all related follow up.
- Plan a series of ongoing cultivation events around BRIC programmatic events (event logistics, determine guest list, distribute invitation, conduct outreach to ensure attendance, and all necessary follow up).
- Oversee BRIC’s year-end appeal in collaboration with the Director of Development by creating a targeted campaign strategy, composing solicitations tailored to various donor groups (including Family Foundations), coordinating a direct mail campaign, tracking follow up, and working with the marketing team to activate email and social media channels.
- Create annual Board giving pledge materials and ensure fulfillment of benefit packages throughout the year.
- Contribute to the development of the BRIC Forever Campaign strategy, help identify
- Campaign prospects from BRIC’s existing supporter base and new prospects by ongoing research into Brooklyn’s philanthropic community, prepare all request materials and other collateral materials. Track all requests and pledges, and prepare weekly reports.
- Support the Development Committee and Sustainability Committee’s fundraising efforts by managing prospect lists and serving as point of contact for cultivation opportunities and events. Attend Development and Sustainability Committee meetings, tracking action items, and drafting minutes.
- Support BRIC’s Advisory Councils by generating invitations and renewal correspondence, engaging council members through BRIC cultivation programs and events, and other stewardship activities.
- Prepare weekly reports related to ongoing campaigns and conduct necessary follow up.
- Assist with yearly projections for individual giving and maintain a keen understanding of financial goals, and contribute to the identification of potential growth areas.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related field.
- 3-5 years administrative experience in a non-profit arts organization, preferably in development
- Experience and/or interest in fundraising and special events for non-profit arts organizations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail, organized.
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position (low 50s, depending on experience) with a full benefits package. Presence at some evening and weekend events will be required.
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line: Development Manager, Individual Giving. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.