4646 40th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) is seeking a Language Testing Specialist for the Test Development Unit within the Language Assessment Division. The Language Testing Specialist develops test items for English language assessments for K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, review and write test materials and documents, including providing feedback to team members on test item development.
- Review and revise items for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams throughout the test development process.
- Adhere to quality control procedures for test items.
- Prepare and maintain files and records (summary report, electronic notes, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Write and revise test item specifications.
- Assist with internal and external reviews.
- Write and refine graphics descriptions to support student comprehension in test items.
- Evaluate and track changes to graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness.
- Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items.
- Maintain test item database.
- Organize and execute answer key checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field, with at least two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a related field.
- Experience working with K-12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Experience developing English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) tests for K-12 students.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of a language other than English preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS6 InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work well within a team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION: Please email résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com and be sure to reference the position "18-05 Language Testing Specialist" in the subject line. Cover letter should be addressed to the attention of Justin Kelly, PhD - Test Development Manager.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 18-05 Language Testing Specialist
Attn: Recruitment 18-05 Language Testing Specialist