District of Columbia
The Operations Coordinator plays a critical role in the function of the Moms Demand Action volunteer chapters and the Field Team staff members. This person provides logistical support around tools and technology used by volunteers and staff, budgets, travel, and some event coordination, along with other duties as necessary.
We’re looking for a flexible problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail and a head for systems to join us. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to pursue a career in operations, organizing, We ask candidates to make a two-year commitment to the role.
The three main planks of the job are:
- Communications and Document management – manage shared drives, and help develop presentations. Provide notes and next steps for departmental meetings. Copy editing as needed
- Scheduling, meeting coordination, and travel – Provide support for team-wide and organization-wide events and meetings. Plan regular travel for team members.
- Accounting and contracts – manage vendor contracts, track expenses and invoices.
To be successful in this job, you must have:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Passion for providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents
- Emotional intelligence to develop strong relationships across multiple teams
- A proactive, creative, and dogged approach to anticipating and solving problems
- An ability to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced organization with multiple projects and priorities
- 1-3 years of professional experience, with documented success in operations, research, or as a paralegal or assistant
- Some experience in working with a political or organizing field team in a staff position preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
ABOUT MOMS DEMAND ACTION
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a grassroots movement of Americans fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and protect people from gun violence. Moms Demand Action campaigns for new and stronger solutions to lax gun laws and loopholes that jeopardize the safety of our children and families. Since its inception after the tragedy at Sandy Hook School, Moms Demand Action has established a chapter in every state of the country and, along with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and the Everytown Survivor Network, it is part of Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with 4.5 million supporters and more than 250,000 donors. For more information or to get involved visit www.momsdemandaction.org. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction or on Twitter at @MomsDemand
Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 125,000 donors. Our supporters include moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
<blockquote>Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.</blockquote>
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our job page and provide a thoughtful cover letter and resume. Please label your materials with your full name. Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.