Full Time Temporary
27-01 Queens Plaza N
Long Island City
Interim Director of BID Field Operations
The Long Island City Partnership is seeking a highly qualified person to oversee its business improvement district field services on an interim basis for this summer.
Background and Company Information
LIC Partnership’s mission is to advocate for economic development that benefits Long Island City’s industrial, commercial, cultural, and residential sectors. The goal is to attract new businesses to LIC, retain those already here, welcome new residents and visitors, and promote a vibrant and authentic mixed-use community. More information can be found at licqns.com.
The LIC Partnership also operates the Long Island City Business Improvement District (LIC BID) which provides targeted services such as supplemental sanitation, marketing, and maintenance of capital improvements for the neighborhood's commercial core.
The LIC BID contracts for supplemental sanitation and horticulture maintenance services, and performs on street outreach and visitor assistance services. The Interim Director will manage these activities, while supporting our other efforts aimed at assisting the businesses and property owners in the BID, and strengthening and improving the whole area. Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Participate as part of the management team of the Partnership, reporting to directly to the
· Interact with property owners and business owners to receive feedback, develop priorities and increase engagement, including through district walks to engage business owners in the BID
· Facilitate/coordinate with relevant city and state agencies and officials to maintain the highest quality conditions in the area, including maintenance of capital improvements, securing attention and resolution of short- and long-term issues ranging from snow plowing to illegal vending
· Manage programs to support district beautification and enhancement including landscaping
in tree pits, flower baskets, lighting, public art, volunteer planting days, etc.
· Manage vendor contracts and payments for supplemental services such as sanitation and
· Supervise field staff persons responsible for communicating with businesses and visitors, and monitoring neighborhood conditions
· Maintain operations metrics for presentation to the Board and Members
Term: June 18 – Aug 31
Ideal candidates will have operations experience, either through a government office, or through an organization such as a Business Improvement District. Candidates must also have supervisory and project management experience. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects are required. Exceptional organization skills are required.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to Dan Benjoya, Director of BID Field Operations, LIC Partnership, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “Interim Director BID Field Operations.”