311 W. 120th Street
School Lunch Aide
Hours: 2.5 hours per day
Time: 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM ( )
Salary Range: $15
Supervisor: Lunch Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide assistance in the cafeteria, playground and hallways during lunch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Serve and distribute lunch
- Clean up the cafeteria and kitchen after lunch (sweeping, wiping tables, mopping etc.)
- Wash and put away lunch transporter bags
- Engage and supervise the students during indoor and outdoor recess
- Assist children with discarding their lunch trays in the appropriate recycling bins.
- Be punctual and reliable with attendance
- To provide engaging enrichment education for children in grades 1-5
- Provide a productive and positive learning environment
- Read, understand and follow the New York French American Charter School Employee Handbook
- Be Patient, flexible and able to work collaboratively with children and adults of various cultures
- Maintain confidential information
- Be professional in conversation and actions with children, parents and colleagues
- Accurately complete and submit promptly all paperwork including but not limited to, student incident/ behavior reports and timesheets
Job Requirements :
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States is required.
- Must speak French fluently
- Previous experience working with children ages 6-11 years old
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org